Single Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
If you thought your child's dad was abusing him, what would you do?
December 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I saw this in The Stir - Would you be brave enough to try something like this?

Mom Uses Hidden Recording Device to Catch Dad Abusing Baby

Posted by Jeanne Sager on December 18, 2012 

car seatWhat would you do if you thought someone was abusing your child? How about bugging the baby's car seat to catch the abuser in the act? That's what one mom did before sending her 7-month-old to one of his regular visits with Dad.

Extreme? Maybe, but it worked. The father is now the subject of a child abuse investigation.

Suddenly doesn't sound so crazy, does it?

The sad fact is, child custody arrangements are supposed to be made with the child's best interests at heart, but it's not always so. You need evidence that your ex is an unfit parent to get custody yanked, but that's hard to come by ... especially when you have a 7-month-old who can't exactly communicate that Daddy is a bad, bad man.

So what do you do? Refuse to send your child on visits with Dad? It sounds like the "smart" option, until you consider that it's illegal to violate a court order. Mom does that, and now she is being carted off to jail, leaving the child with ... you guessed it ... dear old Dad.

What this mother did was risky. She sent her baby boy into the lion's den, knowing there was the chance he might be abused, that the recording device in his car seat might capture something awful. And the way the cops tell it, the little guy came out with injuries serious enough to require an ambulance ride to a hospital for treatment.

It hurts my heart to think of him in pain. And yet, I throw myself behind this mom 100 percent. What she did could prevent years of pain for this little guy.

What would you do? Would you have risked sending the child out with dad again?

Replies

• BnAsmommy0313
    December 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    This is tough, yes and no it could have been the last time she ever saw her child.She's lucky dad didn't discover the hiden device. Just think what could have happened! But again, with out proof it's very hard to prove.
    I think going straight to the police and child services and asking for help. If you suspect something keep a journal, take pictures and then go to the authorities.
    It's so hard to prove a parent is being abusive when it comes to a baby.
  • moosesmom
    December 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    I would have killed dad. And served my time :-/

She's a brave woman. I would have tried to get the evidence some other way. I can't see myself letting my child go with dad again.
  • tyfry7496
    December 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    Report his ass and file for sole custody with supervised visits if any.
  • Nena70
    by Nena70
    December 20, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I would investigate ....Do what  ever you have to do to protect your child.  This mom did good.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    December 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    I'm not even sure. Probably contact social services as well as my lawyer.
  • Chelsey191
    December 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    i would kill him. Jail would be worth it.
  • Kenre
    by Kenre
    December 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    Exactly as she did. I have a 7 month old. I can't imagine the fear, but I would do it.
  • Musiq_Junkie
    December 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    This. I wouldnt let him live 2 see me solve that problem!

Quoting moosesmom:

I would have killed dad. And served my time :-/

She's a brave woman. I would have tried to get the evidence some other way. I can't see myself letting my child go with dad again.

• Cenedra64
    December 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    I divorced him. Since im the one the idiot had fill out his va disability and got it for him he has no chance of ever having custody. Ex says youre crazy youre crazy dude...lol

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts