Single Moms

SuperMomKrissy
I need to talk to someone about this. Possibly pregnant?
December 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I have kept this to myself for the last few months except for one friend who knows what is going on.  Maybe someone can advise me on what to do.

I have always been on time for my period, like clockwork, and it has been this way since I first got my period.  I remember my OB-GYN telling me that after I had my children my period would probably end up being irregular for a short time but it wasn't.  It went back to coming on a very consistent schedule.  In April after having sex I didn't get my period at all for two months, no bleeding at all.  I took a countless number of pregnancy tests all resulting in negatives.  I went to my general practitioner and they did a blood draw which was also negative.  I went on with my life thinking maybe there was some reason I didn't have my period and ignored feeling sick.  I brushed the feeling sick off as just being overtired and overworked.   The third month I had some bleeding...very light for two days and that happened on and off every month until last month and this month where I haven't had any bleeding at all.  

October came and I figured I'd find a new OB-GYN (since mine didn't have an appointment for weeks) just to get another Beta HCG.  When I went in for the results she said my HCG and Progesterone were very low but I had high testosterone levels and was diabetic.  So I got put on Metformin for the tesosterone levels and diabetes and she told me to prepare for a miscarriage.  Now...I hadn't had sex since March/April so I was extremely confused.  I also had gestational diabetes with my first two pregnancies and never in my life had high testosterone levels.  A few more weeks passed and I started feeling some movement in my stomach, which REALLY freaked me out.  It started off as just light flutters and has morphed into harder "kicks" I would say.  I called my new OB-GYN and she basically told me I was crazy, my progesterone and HCG weren't high enough to have a viable pregnancy, she wouldn't even SEE me in the office for an ultrasound or an exam... She brushed me off.  I called my old OB-GYN who had delivered my two girls and they STILL don't have any appointments available.  I don't even know what to think.  I've been feeling heartburn, which I never feel, still feeling the kicking/rolling sensations in my stomach which I highly doubt are gas and I'm just so suspicious that I can still be pregnant.  I've definitely gained weight and haven't changed the way I eat at all.  My upper stomach is high and is round but of course I never lost the tremendous amount of weight I gained with my youngest so I would probably just look fat if I was pregnant anyway.  When I stand up or lay down you can feel a hardness of my stomach as well. As of now I am treating myself as I am pregnant just in case.  The last thing I want is to be pregnant, not know it and have something happen.

What is everyone elses opinon? And please don't think I'm crazy! (I'm not that crazy! lol)

Replies

• happymommy1105
    December 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    go to an independent place and get an ultrasound. its like 70 bucks.

• whitneymf
    December 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    I would do this.

Quoting happymommy1105:

• SuperMomKrissy
    December 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I was considering that, especially since one is opening in my town this weekend, but I wasn't sure if the price would be too high.  Thanks guys. :)

• raegan1221
    December 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    I agree.

Quoting whitneymf:

I would do this.

Quoting happymommy1105:

• PaperClip811
    December 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

wow.. that's crazy. No advice here. Hope you find out sooner rather than later, for sure!

• mamaoftwo2219
    December 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    Yes, I agree get an ultrasound done.Hope you're ok!
  • strngenough
    December 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    Yep ultrasound
  • whitneymf
    December 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    Let us know, when you find out what's going in! Good luck!!!

Quoting SuperMomKrissy:

I was considering that, especially since one is opening in my town this weekend, but I wasn't sure if the price would be too high.  Thanks guys. :)

Single Moms