Single Moms

Cafe AmyS
What do you like most about being single?
December 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I saw this in The Stir - What do you think are benefits of being single?

10 Reasons Taylor Swift Needs to Learn How to Be Single

Posted by Ericka Sóuter on December 4, 2012 

harry styles and taylor swiftSome women hate being single. Who am I kidding. A lot of women hate being single. It's certainly an understandable feeling, especially during the holidays. It's nice having someone to snuggle up to on these chilly winter nights. But for many, it's much more serious than that. There are plenty of ladies out there who literally feel incomplete without a man in their lives. You know the type, they go from one relationship to another, always with a guy by her side.

Taylor Swift certainly provides a good example of this. She loves being in love. So much so, there is barely a breather between the old and the next love of her life. Her latest fling with One Direction's Harry Styles started just a couple weeks after news that her romance with Conor Kennedy crashed and burned. It’s like she has to have a man in her life no matter what. But I say these serial monogamists are missing out on some seriously single-minded fun. There are plenty of benefits to flying solo. Check them out!

1. Doing what you want when you want. When you are constantly coupled up, every activity and outing is a compromise, especially if you like different things. Enjoy the fact you don't have to beg your Quentin Tarantino-fanatic ex to go see a cheesy rom-com. Just do you.
  2. Complete control over the remote. How great is it that you don't have to argue over what to watch. No one hogging up the tube with football, baseball, basketball, or any other sport. Now you are free to watch that Real Housewives marathon any time you want.
  3. Not having to clean up after someone else. After all, it's like the guy never heard of the concept of putting his dishes in the sink. Relish the fact that you have half the housework now that he's gone.
  4. Not being annoyed about his Neanderthal friends. Will you really miss that old college buddy who times his belches?
  5. Girl time. Don't you miss ladies' night? Now you don't have to feel guilty about time away with your best buds.
  6. Getting to know yourself. A lot of women adopt whatever habits and hobbies their boyfriends have. Spending time alone lets you focus on your own wants and needs.
  7. Spending quality time with your family. How great it is not to worry about spending Christmas with his mother. Besides, you never thought she liked you anyway. No one is good enough for her prince!
  8. Freedom to move. When a great job up comes up across the country, you can entertain the idea without loads of guilt.
  9. You can be spontaneous. If a girlfriend calls up and asks you to take a last-minute weekend trip, you can go without having to check in with anyone.
  10. You can shamelessly flirt. Admit it, there is something ridiculously fun about flirting with a hot guy at the grocery store. Bat those lashes and bite that lip guilt-free.

What are other benefits of being single?

Replies

• VADIVA23
    December 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    I will be finding out soon when I was single I enjoyed spending my money the way I wanted instead of someone saying dont spend such and such because they needed gas also my bras and panties dont have to match.lol
  • tfmom3
    by tfmom3
    December 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM

If I do something great I get all the credit. If I mess something up I know who's fault it is too. It's all on me.

• strngenough
    December 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    There is something satisfying about knowing the mess in my house is all mine lol

Quoting tfmom3:

If I do something great I get all the credit. If I mess something up I know who's fault it is too. It's all on me.

• morethanamemory
    December 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM

No arguements and drama. I can pretty much do what i want when I want and the only people I have to worry about is myself and DD I can go out with friends without being accused of doing things I am not doing and I have more time with my family to.

• ZakkarysMom
    December 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    Oh thats another great thing! Now im not nearly falling off of my bed.

Quoting baseballmom5416:

this..and you get to have the bed all to yourself..

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Not having all the arguments and drama.

• steviechick
    December 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM

My ex was a total slob.  I don't have to pick-up after him anymore.  He snored.  I can finally get a good night's sleep.  Love the idea of watching 'chick' shows.  No more Spike Channel!  I have more $ in my checking account.  Got tired of paying for the bills and his bounced checks.  Saving money for a nice vacation next year.  If I was still married to him, that's something I wouldn't be able to do.  Always having to bail his ass out financially.  Tired of being the breadwinner.  Nice to know I'm in total control of my expenses and no more worry about HIS financial hot messes!  Best feeling of all actually.

• CaptainCookie
    December 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Knowing that when I clean house, it stays clean! And there wont be dirty dishes shoved in drawers and under the bed. Fucking lazy ass would never pick his crap up.

• mamalena137
    December 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM

being able to go out and not having to drag a wet blanket like him around with me.

• mhaney03
    December 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

The best part for me.. Not being responsible for another capable adult's emotional well-being.  It was like raising a 4th child, he wanted his mommy.

Also, finances.  He couldn't be trusted with a card. period. ever.  My entire full-time paycheck went to his overdraft fees.

• victoriahearts
    December 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Not being let down by someone else. 

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts