Single Moms

Featured Posts
OctoberCutie07
Christmas Gifts: Mommy vs Santa
December 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I need some advice on what to do. I am a low income single mom with no help from my daughters father. Bills are piling up and I dnt have much money for Christmas. How do I get presents for her from both Santa and I with it still looking like there is a fair amount of stuff under the tree. She is 5 yrs old so it is still a big deal for her.

Replies

• josiahmom
    December 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    I dont have much money. I get one gift from me and go to the places that give you gifts and get more and say santa brought them.
  • OctoberCutie07
    December 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM

That is a good idea! There are a few places around here that do that too. I will have to check them out. Thank you  :)

• steviechick
    December 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Five year olds are just happy to get anything for Christmas.  It doesn't matter how big or small the gift.  They are too young to fully understand Christmas and it's meaning.  I'm also a single mom with low income.  My DD is 18.  This year she's getting very little and I didn't ask for a thing from her.  We are going to candle light service and out for pizza afterwards.  Sharing the true meaning of Christmas - being thankful for God giving us strength to continue to get through all the BS my ex keeps throwing at us. 

• OctoberCutie07
    December 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM

The thing that she likes the most is books. There is a consignment shop close to where I work that sells them for $0.25 a piece and so I usually get her a few from there and wrap them seperately. We also make cookies and candies from reciepes that my mom gave me together in our matching aprons on Cristmas Eve. We go to the candlelight service at our church as well. I think this year we are going to go out to eat at the place of her choosing. When she asked me what I wanted for Christmas I just told her that I wanted for her to have a good time and that would make me happy. She knows about the reason that we have Christmas and enjoys going into town t look at the Nativity in the park.

• brieri
    by brieri
    December 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

From reading the replies sounds like you found an answer.

• OctoberCutie07
    December 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Yes I did. I appreciate all of the suggestions that were given.

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    December 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Angel Tree or Sub For Santa. Ask your church to help out? Good luck girl.

• cutestmom24
    December 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    the. $1 section at target. always. has. some cute stuf.the last time I went they had a whole bunch of hello kitty. things
  • OctoberCutie07
    December 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I wish we had a Target. I check Wal-Mart for things too. They sometimes have some good stuff for pretty reasonable prices.

• OctoberCutie07
    December 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Thanks! I've never heard of Sub for Santa. What is it? There are a couple of people at my church who probably would be more then willing to help. 

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts