Single Moms

Featured Posts
springbabyface
Df needs to grow up, need advice
November 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I'm 19 yrs old and I have a 5 month baby boy named jayden. His dad named roshane, who I'm still with for a almost two years now is 22yrs old. And ive been the only one out of both of us taking care of our son. He doesn't Change Pampers, make bottles and forget about putting him to bed or even playing with him. I feel like I had a baby by myslef and he's just my Bf. What can I do? Has anyone had this problem before? Help.

Replies

• steviechick
    November 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I had the same problem and I was married at the time.  I tried to ask my ex to help out.  He simply didn't.  Instead he would go work on his computer to get away and to find an excuse.  I was left alone to change diapers, feed and give baths.  My ex did what the heck he wanted to do.  I just dealt with it after a while.  I could only ask so many times.  I think men in general just aren't cut out to take care of babies.

• springbabyface
    November 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    Yea that's exactly what I'm going threw but I feel so overwhelmed. I can't even take a shower without hearing my son crying and his dad is in the same room with him but does nothing to help. You can image my level of stress. Does this ever get better?
  • steviechick
    November 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting springbabyface:

Yea that's exactly what I'm going threw but I feel so overwhelmed. I can't even take a shower without hearing my son crying and his dad is in the same room with him but does nothing to help. You can image my level of stress. Does this ever get better?

If your SO isn't made to be a father to a baby then there is nothing you can do to motivate him.  Take that shower and let the baby cry.  I know that sounds harsh but you still need to do things on your own.  If your SO isn't going to help out then you only have two choices 1.  Deal with it 2.  Ask the bf to move out.

• springbabyface
    November 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Stephaniec253
    November 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Well lets see I have been with my bf for 3yrs and he at times changes pampers but wont changed the poopy ones. I have had time where he would get upset when thkids would cry and he wouldnt do anything about it. It was up to me to take care of it. Also doing school work. Your not the only one who has delt with the " Ill be a dad when I feel like it"... I feel like I had a baby all by myself also. So I am in the same boat but changing things around now. I am almost 30 and I got a part time daddy, oh no thats not okay. He feels like when hes got to go hes out the door, playin video games, or sleeping. "Man child" thats all.

• Andrewsmom70
    November 29, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    If he's that sorry, why keep him around?
  • faerie75
    November 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM

yes. only thing that changed was leaving his ass. hopefully a "come to jesus" talk will help for you. have you tried meeting him on the way in, handing off the baby and telling you that you ahve errands to run?

• faerie75
    November 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM

i have already told my SO this baby is not all my responsibility. i intend to stay up his ass until he gets the hang of it. lol

• kidlover2
    November 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    I married him and then he left me 9 years later for a college student and drugs. He never did grow up and you can't make him.
  • cdjd23
    by cdjd23
    November 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM

You can't make him be a father, he needs to want that on his own. Hopefully as your ds gets older he will want to be more involved but that's a long time to wait to see if he changes.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts