Single Moms

Featured Posts
sons father is in prison need some advice
November 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM
My sons real father has been in prison since i had our son. I was not sure at the time he was the dad and i was with the other possible dad at the time i had him till just 2 years ago when we found out my son was not his. So child support did a dna test on his real father waile he was serving his time for 4so felonies. Me and him didnt get along the who time i was pregnant even tho he knew the possibility of my son being his. At this point i dont want him around my son. My son also knows the other guy as dad and he is still in his life. I was strongly thinkin about going to court she see about getting his rights revolked. But may people has told me they wont do it unless he signs off which i know he wont. He is spending 4 years in prison for unlawful sexual conduct with miners 4 count. Has anyone ever tried this or had this problem or even know how or where to start? Or even anyone with advise on what i should do? Also myknows son iswas almost 4 years old and hehe gets out inmy 7 months. Thanks in advance.


  • Zacknalexmom
    November 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    Get a lawyer. If he's charged with 4 counts of sexual abuse on minors there's no way I would allow him around my child or anyone's child. Your ex may have to sign up as a registered sex offender. Sex offenders are not allowed around any children,not even his own. If he does he will go back to jail and if he's around your child then you could go to jail as well. Child services could step in. Get a lawyer,explain your circumstances and what your ex is charged with. The lawyer may not allow your child around his father due to this. Good luck.
  • tyfry7496
    November 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    If he's charged with a sexual crime against a child you shouldn't have an issue getting parental rights terminated. Contact an attorney in your state though.
  • Robsessed98
    November 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    You need to coontact an attorney and get things going asap because it cant be done overnight. As a sex offender, the most hed get would be supervised visits, but would have to pay support. Idk about laws in your state so dont know if he has to sign his rights away or not.
  • Jasuzha
    by Jasuzha
    November 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    Quoting tyfry7496:

    If he's charged with a sexual crime against a child you shouldn't have an issue getting parental rights terminated. Contact an attorney in your state though.

  • Shy_Dia
    by Shy_Dia
    November 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM

    definitely contact and attorney. him having those charges- i dont think ANY judge would risk it.

  • easinpc
    by easinpc
    November 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    I definitely agree with the other moms
  • conniejo75
    November 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Would the man who is thought of as Dad be willing to adopt your son? Then you can cut all ties from bio dad... just a thought.
  • hdc51609
    November 29, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    Me and the other guy are no longer together he is married now and has a son with her so o dont think he can adopt him. And thanks ladies i planned on talking to a family atterny see what tjey have to say. Ive been doing some online research and many sites say they wont do it cause im a single mom but i have been raising him for for 4 years well 2 on my own. He does oay child support its only 4.50 a month cause of him being incaserated.

  • steviechick
    November 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM

    Good luck, mama!  hugging

  • hdc51609
    November 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    Thanks i might need it

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts