Single Moms

ohauflower13
Dating a single mom
November 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Hello Ladies-

I need some words of wisdom, some funny stories, and maybe some advice with this issue...

I hear this a lot "your beautiful, you have a lot going for yourself, you seem like a great catch, why aren't you married?"

I then have to wonder if some men are intimidated by strong, smart, beautiful women?

What are your thoughts because I have been a single parent for 7 years and there is something missing in my heart,,, LOVE FROM A MAN :)

Do you ever go to an event or experience something really amazing, and all you want to do is share it with someone (other than your child)

Replies

• strngenough
    November 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    All the time.
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    November 27, 2012 at 4:53 AM
    All the time. It is tough sometimes. Being a single parent has it perks but I never would have chose to have been a single parent.
  • singlemama0905
    November 27, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    All the time. I used to really let it get to me, but when guys comment like that or pull the "if you didn't have a kid..." lines I really respect them for being honest. It would be nice to be married, not be doin this all alone, but I've changed my thinking a lot. Being a single parent has made it even easier to chase away the guys not meant for me.
  • Cenedra64
    November 27, 2012 at 5:39 AM
    Im not running into men scared off coz i have kids. I hot teens and they figure they can care for themselves if we go out. My prob is running into guys who dont even want to date. They just wanna sit in a house. Your house their house and try to get ya in bed fast. That dont work with me! I think its just how local guys are here.
  • steviechick
    November 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Well, I've only been single for about a year.  I had a few dates but they turned out to be total duds.  Just the other day a good looking guy my age flirted with me.  At least I have 'it' still and can turn on men.  I have built back my confidence.  I just wish the next time I meet up with a good looking guy he actually asks me out. 

I would counter by asking the same thing to the person telling me what he/she said if they were single, too.  For the married ones saying this I would simply say "Well, HE hasn't found me yet". 

• Cenedra64
    November 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    Lol..yep it sure does boost the self esteem dont it? The other day i went to the store. I was talking to one guy he introduced me to his dogs. Cute guy!! Younger than me. Another came out repaid a compliment i said about his hair. Patted my back said u look great..an older man come up talking while i was waving by we talked. Then my former married friend who used to ask me to go there all the time so SHE could watch men pulled up. She saw it all told her husband theres that damn b'tch. I almost busted out laughing!! I remember one time she got mad coz one guy told her she was one big age spot and said hello gorgeous!! To me

Quoting steviechick:

Well, I've only been single for about a year.  I had a few dates but they turned out to be total duds.  Just the other day a good looking guy my age flirted with me.  At least I have 'it' still and can turn on men.  I have built back my confidence.  I just wish the next time I meet up with a good looking guy he actually asks me out. 

I would counter by asking the same thing to the person telling me what he/she said if they were single, too.  For the married ones saying this I would simply say "Well, HE hasn't found me yet". 

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    November 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

All the time. I get the same response as you. "You're so amazing, why on earth are you single?" It's irritating!! I have pretty strict rules when it comes to my kid too. I won't allow anyone I'm dating at my house when my son is there even if he's asleep. I won't allow any guy I date to meet my son unless the relationship is serious and been going for awhile. I'm also not looking to date so I turn them down lately. I don't feel lonely though. I'm pretty content with just me and my little man. Even with holidays. Right now, it's perfect. But I realize someday I will want to settle down with someone. I have high expectations when it comes to my son though so it will be hard.

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    November 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Yup I feel that way at some events, especially family and school ones.

• LifeCafe42
    November 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    I'm a proud mama and I've found my happiness in being myself I don't mind not having a dad he's thriving
  • ohauflower13
    November 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM

It is very irritating, but I am starting to realize that maybe starting to get serious with someone is not the place and time for these men I have met.

It reminds me of a book Steve Harvey wrote where he explains "keepers" and "throw-backs".. there are some men who eventually want a keeper, but right now they want a throw-back, nothing serious. If they realize you are a keeper it wont work because it is not what they are looking for.

I am the same way with my son, I am super protective with him!

Single Moms