Single Moms

Featured Posts
Looking for advise and support regarding my 5 year old son..His father stopped paying child support
November 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Hello everyone...Looking for advise as well as support regarding my 5.5 year old son.  His father stopped paying child support.  His father has only seen him 4 or 5 times but has paid support for the past 5.5 years.  He is a well known preofessional athlete.  It has been kept out of the public.  I need to know of any womens support groups that are out there to assist in the "deadbeat dad" support.  I have been a mother and a father to my son.  His father has been void.  ANy womens groups? I believe this will go public and I will need all the suppot I can get.  Oh by the way he did sign the birth certificate, and agreement to pay child support and just stopped paying.  All of a sudden he wants a DNA test after 5.5 years.  I agreed to it cause I have nothing to hide and he is the father.  He wants to have the test done seperately, without my son and I present.  that is not how it works where I live.  the mother and the father and child all go in for the Dna test at the same time...He has alot of money and there is too much room for error.

Any thoughts comments?  A single Mom in need of advice!!!


  • ohauflower13
    November 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

    Sounds like he is trying to get out of paying his child support...

  • therock07
    November 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

    It does, but he is the there is no way of getting out of it.  Feel really bad for my son  .Do you know of any woman support groups...This will probably be in the news and I will need all the emotional support I can get. 

  • tyfry7496
    November 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM

    You ARE in a women's support group. As for the father, ALL of you have to be present in order to do the DNA test.Get the appointment and test done, HE will be responsible for paying for the DNA test and the child support once is proven he is the father. He is just trying to get out of his obligation to pay. 

  • therock07
    November 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM

    Thank you for your advice!!!  The only problem is that he refuses to do the DNA testing with all 3 of us present.  I agrred to do it but he will NOT!!!  Once he signed the birth certificate, by law he gives up his rights to genetic testing.. But I still agreed to it...But he will not go with his son and I...I think becasue he does not want to face his son....What do I do?

  • rae021
    by rae021
    November 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    Maybe head gotten serious with a woman and she Is making stupid demands. Ugh rich or poor some men think they can beat the system. In my state he could only dispute bc with in 2 years, so even if it came back not bio dad after 5 years he would still be responsible.
  • Cenedra64
    November 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    Doesnt matter who he is or his status. Hes still a biological father.
  • therock07
    November 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM

    Wow!!!!  thanks for the advice!!!!  What state do you live in? I am in Michigan

  • therock07
    November 27, 2012 at 8:52 AM

    Wow !!!!!! !!!Thanks for the advice!!!  What state are you in?  Im in Michigan

  • steviechick
    November 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM

    Force the courts to make him take the test.  If he refuses then get garnishments in order at least for child support. 

  • therock07
    November 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM

    he might be deined the test in court.  Because he signed the birth certificate and has been paying for 5 years...I agreed out of court and tried to settle with him.. His issue is he doesnt want to be present with his son and I at the DNA test.  He wants is done seperately....Very odd...

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts