Single Moms

Featured Posts
j.carter89
help
November 21, 2012 at 12:19 AM
What was the best way you guys were able to teach your kids that this is bed time not play time and to get them. On a schedule I know at 7 weeks it's not gonna be so easy was just wondering some tricks

Replies

• rvb146
    by rvb146
    November 21, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Routines help. Rocking, bed time bath, humming songs, reading books, and other things like this can be used as a routine before bed.  It might take awhile but its worth a try.  

When I try to get my son to sleep (he's 12 months now) I still trace my finger counter clock wise around his left eye.  He tugs on my hair and my ear before he falls asleep.  It sounds really weird but its been this way for a while now and it just works for him.  I've tried the other things and humming has and still is what worked for him.

• FirstTimeMama21
    November 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I have a routine for my baby since he was eight weeks old. He has a bath, dry, baby massage with lavender baby lotion, and a BIG bottle before bed. Within a week he knew it was bed time as soon as his routine started.

• Lunarprancer
    November 21, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I suck at it.  Good luck.  Did you say 7 weeks?  

• brieri
    by brieri
    November 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM

For babies routines are great - it's boring, but it's the adult thing to do.

• LifeCafe42
    November 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    I started his routine ASAP he's been always good
  • amonkeymom
    November 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Yep!

Quoting brieri:

For babies routines are great - it's boring, but it's the adult thing to do.

• j.carter89
    November 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    Thanks guys and yes she's 7 weeks
  • Robsessed98
    November 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    Start following bedtimes and routines as young as you can and it will be easier when theyre older.
  • faerie75
    November 22, 2012 at 3:48 AM
    Babies? Keep it dim and real boring, very little interaction.
  • j.carter89
    November 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    We got that but now our problem is keeping her asleep when we put her down

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts