LT1729
Ex proposing 50/50 custody and "revised parenting plan"
by LT1729
November 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

3 yrs...

100 of motions ...

no child support..

and a permanent injunction later....

My daughters father is proposing to modify our parenting plan which gives him 10 overnights a month to increase to 50/50. Wednesday through Friday with him as well as every other weekend, Wednesday through Sunday.

Not to mention Thanksgiving as an alternating holiday, her birthday alternating every year and not having phone contact with her during his timesharing until she is 10 years old!!

He has been avoiding child support, hiding finances, lying in court, etc. ...but now this?? 

Has anyone been in the position where a judge has approved this?? In a case like this where this man has been stalking me through the courts for 3 years now?!?

I'm at a lost for words.

Replies

• LifeCafe42
    November 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM

hugs mama good luck

• faerie75
    November 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    It sounds like a normal parenting plan in my state, except trying to limit contact on his time.br />

Is he an active father?
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    November 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM

If you live in the same town and neither parent is a harm to the child the judge could very well grant this....good luck to you. 

• Mrs.Luff
    November 21, 2012 at 5:11 AM
    If he hasn't been involved in her life up till this point he won't get 50/50. It will be a process. But you can only fight for so long. My hubby and me are fighting for my step daughter been in court for the last year and a half. She refused to let him see her very much for her first four years and we decided it was time for court. We live 5 hrs apart though and we only get her one weekend a month and some holidays finally. We have spent 3000 in layer fees and it cost us 200-400 Each trip to get her.
  • strngenough
    November 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM
    In your shoes. Dh's ex moved the kids across the country while he was deployed. They've been there over 6 months so good luck fighting to get them back. He has 4 kids....15k in court costs and about 3500 to go get them 2k to see them. He fought for very liberal custody. She wanted him to have none. Some women see the kids as a possession. I only wonder what she tells them on why they don't see their daddy?

Quoting Mrs.Luff:

If he hasn't been involved in her life up till this point he won't get 50/50. It will be a process. But you can only fight for so long. My hubby and me are fighting for my step daughter been in court for the last year and a half. She refused to let him see her very much for her first four years and we decided it was time for court. We live 5 hrs apart though and we only get her one weekend a month and some holidays finally. We have spent 3000 in layer fees and it cost us 200-400 Each trip to get her.

• victoriahearts
    November 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Such a horrible situation to be with your ex, I'm sorry I don't have any advice my arrangement with my ex was reached without having to battle each other in court.  I think since he hasn't really stepped up for him child from what you pointed out, I though the judge would approve 50/50 just show is past behavior as a reason to deny a change in custody until he can actually stick to the first arrangement. 

• Mrs.Luff
    November 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Yea well my step daughter is already starting to wonder why she doenst get to see daddy, and my my son has daddys last name but she doesnt. She very hard to deal with but we do the best we can. He even went as far to ask the judge to make us pay her cell phone bill so he could talk to his daughter : / And wanted 75 to drive 1 hour ? She complains because she doesnt get child support when it comes directly out of his check and child support enforcement says she gets it.  She uses his daughter as a pawn and a way to get back at my husband they have been seperated 5 years and it still bugs here, and it eat her up that I am around. When we had court the first time her lawyer asked her if she liked me and she said no, then he asked her why and she said exactly" I dunno, i just dont" this is a 22 year old woman.  I am sorry that my step daughter cant see her dad more, that relationship is very important.

• michiganmom5150
    November 22, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    I have never heard of no phone time! That's crazy! I call me kids at least once when they are with dad every other weekend! That would not fly. A lot depends on where you live. Here, he might get the time. MI is very pro dad. Depends. Good luck!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts