Single Moms

Featured Posts
queensweet
A Difficult Choice
November 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I have a girlfriend whom recieves a lot of problems from her mother-in law (she is Arab) because of her race (she is Black). Her mother-in law calls her names like monkey. You would think that she would accept her since she is the mom to her 4 grandkids. Personally I dont think I could marry someone knowing that their family is racist. I dont think I am strong enough. Would you do it?

Replies

• erinmomofone
    November 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    My family is racist many of them are, thats one reason they don't talk to me because my daugher is biracial. They can't except that she's biracial. She's my everything so I don't get it. I just wish everyone could get along no matter the color of their skin. Oh and to answer your question yes I would, you can't love someone for their skin color.
  • Andrewsmom70
    November 18, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    You really cannot help who you fall in love with. But you can decide how you allow yourself to be treated. I would tell mother in law that she will treat me with respect or she won't see my kids, plain and simple, since my kids are half my genetics.
  • easinpc
    by easinpc
    November 18, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

You really cannot help who you fall in love with. But you can decide how you allow yourself to be treated. I would tell mother in law that she will treat me with respect or she won't see my kids, plain and simple, since my kids are half my genetics.

• tyfry7496
    November 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    I'd do the same thing.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

• ayacocca
    November 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    So very well put.

Quoting erinmomofone:

My family is racist many of them are, thats one reason they don't talk to me because my daugher is biracial. They can't except that she's biracial. She's my everything so I don't get it. I just wish everyone could get along no matter the color of their skin. Oh and to answer your question yes I would, you can't love someone for their skin color.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    November 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Wow...that is awful

• soaringflutes
    November 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I'm expecting a bi-racial baby, and I would never allow anyone to call me names, or treat me or my child with disrespect.  Your friend deserves better.

• faerie75
    November 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM

how does her husband treat her? i guess if he was the best man in the world, id stay away from his family. hed need to respect that.

• victoriahearts
    November 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Hell no !!!!! Yes you marry the man but you also marry the family, there no way I would allow anyone to treat me less and call me names.

• strngenough
    November 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    Nope not up for the inlaw fun. I'm not a big enough person to ignore it.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts