Single Moms

DessaLinn
CS w/ an angry ex husbands new gf
November 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

My ex husband went to jail in November 2011. Since then we have had no contact (ordered by the court system for DV). His entire family had made this year the worst I've ever been through. We are both young (23&24) with two young girls 3&5. Over the last 5 years he has walked in and out of my childrens lives w/ no remorse. I had to beg his girlfriend to ask him to take my girls every wknd to help me out with daycare due to finances. I recently modified my CS & he is contesting it, and basically saying that him & his new gf need all the money they can get because she has 3 of her own children. She confronted me 2 days ago saying that if I push for more CS that her kids will suffer from my choices. Should I feel wrong about CS because he chose to get with a girl who has children? Or should I keep with my plan & not take into account that they have a full house to support also?

Replies

• Angelicmom24
    November 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    You are thinking of ur children has he should yours shouldnt play second to his gf kids...let her know u understand she is worried about her kids but those arent ur concern yours are your concern... you are doing it right never doubt that stay strong and know that they are just trying to get u to back down....
  • grumpyboston
    November 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    You are asking for cs for your kids has nothing to do with hers . You ex is responable for your children regarudless if her kids will go with out . So not don't worry about her n her kids . Go for.cs you owe it to ur children
  • faerie75
    November 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    Her kids are not your concern and child support for YOUR kids are none of her business. She has her nerve. I would make clear not to approach you at all. She can bitch to him but you really don't care about her opinion.
  • Andrewsmom70
    November 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    His first priority is to HIS kids. You have nothing to feel sorry for.
  • easinpc
    by easinpc
    November 18, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I agree with this.  Good luck!

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

His first priority is to HIS kids. You have nothing to feel sorry for.

• amonkeymom
    November 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

No, you shouldn't feel guilty for modifying the cs order.  He is not financially responsible for his girlfriend's kids, she & the kids' dad are responsible for them.

• strngenough
    November 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    If you need it get it.
  • xsweethinx
    November 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    If u need it modify it. U have to take care of ur kids. She nos he has kids n her havin kids of her own she should no wats up. Raisin kids aint cheap. Shit I used to buy diapers fo my xs kids all the time. Im a simgle mom I no how it is. He helpd me wit mine so when his needed I helpd him. Ppl jus need to grow up. U chose to b wit a man wit kids u chose to deal wit wat cums wit that. She needs to take care her biz
  • 828momof2
    November 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM

You should never feel bad for putting your children first! His priorities are his biological kids, not someone else's kids! If he can't take care of his kids properly, he doesn't need to get with someone who has more kids unless she's financially able to care for her children 100%. They'll have to get over it. If he's making more money, he needs to be contributing more to his children, not his new girlfriend's children.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    November 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM

He needs to think about his kids first. 

Single Moms