Single Moms

Featured Posts
mommy_2_be_2010
Can someone help please
November 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I need a list of mothers rights states.....i'm in a situation that is getting out of control. My daughters dad and me aren't together(as you all know) and yesterday something happend that left me afraid because he's constantly telling me he's gonna take our two year old daughter braelyn. i'm afraid he may turn violent if not given his way. I don't want him taking my child nor do I want him hitting me in front of her.

He's already controlling(He's married btw for those of you who missed it in my past posts) and is verbally abusive twards me.

I want to move out of state and start over with my daughter, yet I want to ensure i'm heard and not threatend or made to look like a criminal when i've done nothing wrong. Everything he does he turns around on me and makes it seem like I did it to him.

I want to move to a state where i'm given my proper rights to my child.

Please help me

Replies

• Stephd710
    November 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    I live in MO and I know here they are very Pro Mom. You basically have to be dead or a murderer to have your kid taken away from you here.
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    November 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    Thank you whats the job outlook like, schools, cost of living ect?

Quoting Stephd710:

I live in MO and I know here they are very Pro Mom. You basically have to be dead or a murderer to have your kid taken away from you here.

• Stephd710
    November 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    Housing and rent is cheap. You can get a decent 2 bedroom place for around $450 a month. Schools are good. There are a few community colleges here for you as well. Jobs are easy to find if you look and aren't too picky. We have a wal Mart distribution center. The work is hard but the pay is great. There is also an army base 30 minutes away and they have civilian jobs there too.
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    November 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Quoting Stephd710:

Housing and rent is cheap. You can get a decent 2 bedroom place for around $450 a month. Schools are good. There are a few community colleges here for you as well. Jobs are easy to find if you look and aren't too picky. We have a wal Mart distribution center. The work is hard but the pay is great. There is also an army base 30 minutes away and they have civilian jobs there too.

• MeeshMom
    November 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    You need to consider the laws of the state you live in. Look online and consult a lawyer about what's going on. If he is threatening and harassing you via email or text and even voicemails you need to take those to the police and file a harassment suit. You can even get a restraining order depending on where you live. Don't let an asshole with a temper scare you. What exactly happened that made you extra scared? The only way is to be proactive and get help from professionals.
  • craemom
    by craemom
    November 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM

is he on her birthcertificate? if so you can move you guys just will have to go to court. and let him push the issue so he has to get a laywer. I work at a shelter for battered women and sometimes its sad to see women go through what they do. but i think it's a choice. I'm glad to see that you're leaving before it gets worse. Most women stay til it gets bad and they have no where else to go or no one to help. Get out while you can worry about him seeing her later don't worry about him getting mad. y'all just will have to go to court and settle it.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I need a list of mothers rights states.....i'm in a situation that is getting out of control. My daughters dad and me aren't together(as you all know) and yesterday something happend that left me afraid because he's constantly telling me he's gonna take our two year old daughter braelyn. i'm afraid he may turn violent if not given his way. I don't want him taking my child nor do I want him hitting me in front of her.

He's already controlling(He's married btw for those of you who missed it in my past posts) and is verbally abusive twards me.

I want to move out of state and start over with my daughter, yet I want to ensure i'm heard and not threatend or made to look like a criminal when i've done nothing wrong. Everything he does he turns around on me and makes it seem like I did it to him.

I want to move to a state where i'm given my proper rights to my child.

Please help me

• Kbug3
    by Kbug3
    November 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    Go to another state. Don't let him know where. After 6 months that is your home state and it is easier in court to etablish custody.
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    November 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    Everything is court ordered

Quoting Kbug3:

Go to another state. Don't let him know where. After 6 months that is your home state and it is easier in court to etablish custody.

• Stephd710
    November 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    I dont want to post exact town on here but I'm central. Between St Louis and Springfield.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Quoting Stephd710:

• queensweet
    November 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    If I were you I would move without letting him know and make up excuses why she isnt available for him to see her. Give his a$$ the run around like scheduling dates and times to meet him but dont show up. If he finds out u moved then tell him u moved in with a friend whom doesnt want strangers coming into her home. This will buy u time until u can get the legal help u need in your new state. hugs. I hope everything works out for you and your little lady.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts