Single Moms

Featured Posts
Need advice
November 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I really dislike my babys father. I am 17 and he comes over twice a week. He did not sign his sons birth certificate and he does nothing financially for his son. But yet he comes over and thinks he can see him all the time and take him places. The only reason I let him come over is because I am so afraid of him taking me to court. When I let him come over I feel like he will be alright. but lately he keeps asking me to take him. I dont agree with this. why should he be able to take him and not want to take any legal responsability for him?! All my son does is screm when he comes over. he is almost 6 months old and already grabs onto me for dear life when he sees his dad. He does not do this for ANYONE else. Please just give me some advice. He is so immature and I wish I could tell him to leave and NEVER come around. Dont tell me that my son will be better off with his dad in the picture becausde there are just some poeple that shouldnt come around. I am a single mom by choice and I really wish I could make him leave me alone. If I could move away and not tell anyone where I was going I would. I dont have the money to do that. They have money so I dont think they would have a problem taking me to court. Thats just what I want to avoid. I know I am ranting its just that he is here right now and he thinks he knows everything about him! When in fact he knoes nothing about babies and cant even change his clothes.!


  • faerie75
    November 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM

     he grabs on yopu because he doesnt know him real well. all babies do that.

    why is he "shouldnt be around" ? maybe if you tell us that i can advise you further.

  • strngenough
    November 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    I agree with faerie75. Why are you so opposed? However, you should get child support and custody figured out. It's a good idea. Unless he abuses your son I don't see why it would be bad.
  • brieri
    by brieri
    November 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

     Hi and welcome to the group.

    I guess you have to decide what is really important to you. 

  • CaptainCookie
    November 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

     If he's not on the BC then he would have to pay to get a DNA test first before he has any rights. I believe anyway. Do you think he would want the hassle of paying for one?

  • lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    November 15, 2012 at 7:36 PM

    There is nothing for you to be scared of if he takes you to court. He'd have to first prove paternity, set up visitation, and get a child support order. His name is not on the bc so he has no legal rights. Do not allow him to come over if you do not want him there. If you do not want him taking your son, which is valid IMO until you get custody ironed out, then do not allow him to take your son.

  • Robsessed98
    November 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    Sounds like your child screams and hangs on to you because she doesnt know this stranger who wants to touch her. What has he done to make him unworthy of being a dad to his child. You need to go to court and get custody ordered and child support. As it is now, he can come take your child because the child also belongs to him whether his names on the bc or not.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts