I saw this in The Stir - Have you heard any of these excuses before?
A week after General David Petraeus' affair with writer Paula Broadwell was exposed, it remains big news. He's gotten a lot of flack for the betrayal of his wife Holly. Though not everyone is being hard on the disgraced ex-CIA chief. Pat Robertson, host of the conservative Christian chat show The 700 Club, claims tounderstand why he strayed. "The man is in a foreign land and he's lonely and here's a good looking lady throwing herself at him and ... he's a man," Robertson said.
Is it just me, or is that a ridiculously lame excuse? Well, we took a poll to find out what drives a man into the bed of another woman. Take a look at 20 real reasons men give for cheating:
- "Not adventurous enough in bed."
- "I'm just not attracted to my wife anymore."
- "Relationships and the conversations that come with them are boring."
- "Someone who's willing to be a little wilder comes around."
- "Everything was always so serious. Bills, mortgage, kids. I wanted to have some fun."
- "The sex is always the same. It was like having the exact same thing for dinner every single night. I needed something else."
- "We don't have enough sex."
- "I drank too much and made a bad decision."
- "She's always tired."
- "When she was sick, I didn't feel right asking her for it."
- "My wife's just such a mean person."
- "She cheated first."
- "I realized I was gay."
- "I didn't think I would ever get caught."
- "I wanted to test out what an open relationship would be like. Then I was going to tell her."
- "I don't love her as much as I used to."
- "Humans aren't meant to be monogamous."
- "Like Chris Rock said, 'Men are only as faithful as their options.'"
- "All she does is complain and there is nothing sexy about that."
- "Things haven't been the same since we had kids."
What other excuses have you heard?
My ex DB told me simply this "It just happened". What a weak excuse. Yeah, "It just happened" because you are a sexual scumbag.
I see the majority of the reasons why men cheat (I'm guessing their own words) is the issue with sex. I say if a man has that much sex on his mind and sex is the reason for cheating then he will always cheat. No woman is THAT good in bed unless she's a tramp.
by strngenoughNovember 15, 2012 at 4:04 PMWow on number 10. You get a head cold and he steps out? That's special.
by Chellie13November 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM
LMAO!!! WOW!! Someone is still bitter.....
Maybe she listened to Dr. Ruth a few times ;)
No woman is THAT good in bed unless she's a tramp.
by Brenae1119November 15, 2012 at 8:07 PMThe reason I get is "its just sex, I dont love her! " and you dont love me either!
by Infinite1221November 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Women cheat too....
The only time Im aware of that I was cheated on by someone who mattered, he said it was because we were forced to be apart for 2 months because of his job and I wasnt there when he needed me. If Im not worth going without sex for 2 months for, then imo he wasnt worthy of my time when we were together again.
by alicia9804November 15, 2012 at 8:49 PMmy ex claimed he never cheated but he would always say how lonley working away from home fore months at a time could be... and it wasnt for me? I belive men and weman all cheat for the same reason becuase they wanted to do it and i hate they make excuses for it. like i tell my kids you always have a choice you can say yes or no.