Single Moms

RylansMommy529
Fliying with my 5.5 month old?!
November 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

This saturday we are leaving for Florida! We are flying and my son is 5 and a half months old! I am so afriad that he will cry the whole time or that his ears will hurt in the air. I know to feed or use a paci on take off and landing but I am just so nervouse. Add my fear of flying to this. My parents will be with me so I will have some help but I was just wondering if anyone had any advice?

Replies

• sid1083
    by sid1083
    November 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

My biggest fear with flying (my kids at the time were 2yo and 2 weeks) was the fussing. Most people seemed to be understanding so long as you are trying to control it . . . honestly, they slept most of the time anyway. I found that holding the younger one on take off made it easier.

Safe travels!

• victoriahearts
    November 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I would say try taking something for your nervous so that you are a little more calm for the flight, your mood affects your baby's. And the best thing to do you already know to do, I had to fly when my son was only two months old when my ex was an accident, it was a 7 hour flight and I was worried but everything turned out to be ok, I feed him while we were taking off and landing, the flight attendance were great and very attentive. Just make sure you pack everything you need a few days before in the diaper bag and check it every day until you leave this way you make sure you have everything. Pack plenty of formula and water, wipes, two paci's, diapers, toys he likes

• RylansMommy529
    November 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Thank you very much. That made me feel much better. We are leaving in 2 days!

• brieri
    by brieri
    November 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

You took the words right out of my mouth.  Good luck and have fun.

• craemom
    by craemom
    November 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM

my sister just recently flew with my niece  and when we spoke with one of our friends who's a nurse she said to give her a little benadryl to put her to sleep. The flight attendant said that was the best baby she ever seen that flew and she was 5 in a half months at the time. my sister said she did good. you just give it to them when you check your luggage in.

Single Moms