Single Moms

Featured Posts
sammie90
Pregnant and alone
November 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM

My name is samantha and I am now six months pregnant. I got pregnant from a rape, and the plan B failed. Im a first time mother, college student, and worried. I am pregnant with a boy, and I dont know what im going to tell him when he gets older and starts to ask about his father. I feel thats a harsh truth to bestow upon a young kid, yet I dont want him to think badly of me, or feel that I am keeping his father away from him. I have a lot of family and they are all supportive, but they dont quite understand what im going through or how hard it is for me to carry my baby. I know its not the babys fault and I truly love him. I believe hes a gift, but its hard not to be saddened from the situation.

Replies

• Lckystarz82
    November 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM

hi samantha,

i cant begin to even imagine what your going through. im not sure there are many that would but talking about it may help. if you ever want to talk im here. i dont know what you would tell your son. the truth eventually but letting him know that you love him regardless how you had him.i hope it gets a little better for you. welcome to cafe mom

• amonkeymom
    November 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Welcome to the group!  There are a couple of other moms who are, or have been, in a similar situation and I have a really good friend who's oldest daughter was similarly conceived. 

I think the most important thing for your child to know is that however he came to be, he is loved, wanted and that you are grateful to have him in your life.

((hug))

• rnchelle93
    November 14, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    Hi Samantha. I am so sorry for what you've gone through and are going through. My name is Michelle, I'm 19, in college, single, and 15 weeks pregnant from rape. I'm struggling with everything. I don't feel a connection to the baby like you do. I have family, but they aren't too supportive. If you ever want to talk, please message me.
  • brieri
    by brieri
    November 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

He's not even here yet, so just go with the flow and enjoy yourself.

• Robsessed98
    November 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    Thats an extremely tough situation to be in and I admire you greatly for choosing to have the baby and then to choose to raise him yourself. Is the father in jail or do you know where he is? If theres no way he will ever be able to come in and play a role in your ds life, I would tell him as a young child that his father is simply unavailable and that he will not be able to see or know him but that you love him enough for the both of you. When hes a teen or old and mature enough to understand, I think he would have a right to know what happened. It would be best to hear it from you because you wouldnt want to take a chance on him finding out from someone else. He wont blame you, but will more than likely love and respect you even more for what you went through and for choosing life for him.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts