Single Moms

erinmomofone
Ex told me not to let my daughter to call. Update 11/14. Phone call.
November 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
So need your help, my ex texted me and said that ky can not call him anymore. What should I do? I feel like I should allow her to call, she's his kid too. She wants to call him and I don't have the heart to say no to her.I am so mad he's so wrong! Any help would be great.

Update for 11/14
So I called my daughter's dad and he answered I told him that he needed to tell ky that he doesn't want her to call anymore if thatd truly how he felt. He said "fine I will" so I put it on speaker phone, and said here she is. He said "kyleigh daddy can't have you call anymore, goodbye" he hung up and she just burst in to tears. She is so hurt, Ugh what an ass. I want to hit him in the face. 

Please maybe I handled it wrong but please don't make me feel worse. Thank you.

Replies

• Mrs.Sells
    November 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I wouldn't have had her talk to him :(

• erinmomofone
    November 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM
    Ok well it's done. I did what was best in my situation!

Quoting Mrs.Sells:

I wouldn't have had her talk to him :(

• Mrs.Sells
    November 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It's your job as a mother to protect her, and by having her keep calling him knowing she will get hurt is wrong.

Quoting erinmomofone:

It's not my job at all!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Fuck that! Let her keep calling and make him be the one to tell her to stop and break her heart. That sure as hell isnt your job!

Quoting erinmomofone:

None!!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

What reason did he give? I think its his job to tell her not to call, not yours.

• erinmomofone
    November 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    I fixed the problem with it. I did my job.

Quoting Mrs.Sells:

It's your job as a mother to protect her, and by having her keep calling him knowing she will get hurt is wrong.

Quoting erinmomofone:

It's not my job at all!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Fuck that! Let her keep calling and make him be the one to tell her to stop and break her heart. That sure as hell isnt your job!

Quoting erinmomofone:

None!!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

What reason did he give? I think its his job to tell her not to call, not yours.

• LifeCafe42
    November 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    What an ass poor baby
  • Armygirl2299703
    November 18, 2012 at 5:28 AM

It's all we can do for them even tho obviously we would love to heal thier broken little hearts. The men (and in some cases women) who do crap like this to thier kids just don't get it, or care and they make me sick. There should be a special island to send them to or something.

Yeah, he's special to say the least. I laughed when she lost everything in the divorce and then went and married one of her other bf's she had on the side and left us alone. Granted, he can still be an ass but nothing like he was then. I almost was hospitalized till delivery due to the stress those two caused me. Glad it's over. I still see her from time to time and I made it pretty clear back then that we would NEVER be friends but she still tries to be.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yes I make sure to tell her that many people love her. I have a close friend that's an aunt plus my little sisters.

Oh wow, yea I am sure he needs promotion.

Quoting Armygirl2299703:

Men are pigs when they put some biatch before thier child. Just be sure to remind her that you will always be there and love her sooo very much. As do grandma, grandpa, uncle etc. My DD calls many of my very close friends from childhood Aunt/Uncle and she knows that they will always be there for her no matter what he does and it usually makes her perk up a bit even tho she is still obviously hurt. 

WHen I was pregnant my ex went to OB appts with me until he started dating a married woman and she said he couldn't go without her permission. His stupid ass listened. Sounds like your ex is doing the same.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yeah its terrible, yeah her dad is seeing someone.

Quoting Armygirl2299703:

Wow. What a real douche! Poor baby girl, but if thats what he wants then maybe she's better off without him. My DD deals with the same kinda crap from her dad sometimes. It usually means he's seeing someone.

• erinmomofone
    November 18, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    Yeah I would love to heal her heart but I cant. All I can do is love her as much as I can.

My ex cheated then got her pregnant then chose to leave us. I wonder what goes through their head.

Quoting Armygirl2299703:

It's all we can do for them even tho obviously we would love to heal thier broken little hearts. The men (and in some cases women) who do crap like this to thier kids just don't get it, or care and they make me sick. There should be a special island to send them to or something.

Yeah, he's special to say the least. I laughed when she lost everything in the divorce and then went and married one of her other bf's she had on the side and left us alone. Granted, he can still be an ass but nothing like he was then. I almost was hospitalized till delivery due to the stress those two caused me. Glad it's over. I still see her from time to time and I made it pretty clear back then that we would NEVER be friends but she still tries to be.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yes I make sure to tell her that many people love her. I have a close friend that's an aunt plus my little sisters.

Oh wow, yea I am sure he needs promotion.

Quoting Armygirl2299703:

Men are pigs when they put some biatch before thier child. Just be sure to remind her that you will always be there and love her sooo very much. As do grandma, grandpa, uncle etc. My DD calls many of my very close friends from childhood Aunt/Uncle and she knows that they will always be there for her no matter what he does and it usually makes her perk up a bit even tho she is still obviously hurt. 

WHen I was pregnant my ex went to OB appts with me until he started dating a married woman and she said he couldn't go without her permission. His stupid ass listened. Sounds like your ex is doing the same.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yeah its terrible, yeah her dad is seeing someone.

Quoting Armygirl2299703:

Wow. What a real douche! Poor baby girl, but if thats what he wants then maybe she's better off without him. My DD deals with the same kinda crap from her dad sometimes. It usually means he's seeing someone.

Single Moms