Single Moms

Featured Posts
roxmom202
does anyone here have family that just doesnt have a clue how hard and overwhelming it is to be a single parent?
November 13, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I get so frustrated with my own family not understanding what i go through everyday.  I have been a single parent for 12 years, I have my 13 year old and my baby that just turned 2.  I have too much going on seems like,  I am working but barely making ends meet, my parents offer to help me out financially and they have but emotionally they think im fine.  My siblings have their own life and seem like they judge me for having another child out of wedlock.  I have one friend who I can depend on for help, but other than her, it seems like to each his own.  My father is in stage 4 and that is soooooo hard for me and my oldest, I visit often but everyone else is always toooo busy.  I feel  the rest of the family doesnt visit him that often(I think its because they know I will) but i  just feel overwhelmed and its hard.  I was wondering if anyone else feels this way, maybe we could talk? People that dont even know me that well ask me how I get through these times and I know it's my heavenly father that is carrying me through these tough times.

Replies

• Mommy2Aaliyah
    December 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM

My mom will never understand me.. my dad and her stuck together for 30 yrs now and raised us 3 kids. my ex and i working together the best we can for our daughter. my mom thinks we should just be together even though we are not good as a couple. she will never know what it feels like to be in my shoes and not have that 100% support from a partner. she thinks i have it easy. she has no idea. 

• farmgirl28
    January 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Hey there i know what your going thru. I have four little kids. Been divorced a year and i work two jobs to try to make ends meet. I get what you mean on the judging. I have two older brothers and i feel that way to allot of times. Everyone makes comments about me living with my parents. If i had a choice i wouldn't but I'm doing what i can, if there dad would actually pay the child support ordered id be fine but he doesn't. So don't feel alone i know what you are going thru. Its rough being a single parent

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN