Single Moms

Teenmommy1119
I know I shouldn't care *vent* no bashing please
November 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM
But I know it's my hormones since I had the baby 6 days ago. But I just found out... My DS has a half sibling possibly siblings... & it's known he has a kid at his old job... Now when I asked him if he had kids... He looked me dead on & said no (that was before I got pregnant... But still, like I cried about this.. I know I shouldn't care. But it stings a little. I'm trying to stay positive. And it's kinda working but like this is a low. I'm happy I have my son, don't get me wrong. & I love being a mom & ill find someone who will love us both when the time is right. I just don't understand this whole thing. But whatever. Sorry rants over!

Replies

• Teenmommy1119
    November 10, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Yup! It sucks. But I'm letting myself feel the emotions from it. Either that or I'm starting to get depressed & idk it.. But it really sucks

Quoting PaperClip811:

:( fucking liars 

• conniejo75
    November 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    Not all states require that. Some just ask if divorced and date of last marriage

Quoting michiganmom5150:

Did he lie on your marriage certificate? You have to put how many previous marriages.

Quoting HyperMom38:

I know how this feels.  My ex told me I was his 2nd wife and that he had no children from his first marriage.  Turns out I was the 5th wife and he has a son with his 4th wife that he does not claim, but the law says is his.  It feels so bad because you want this child to be as special to their dad as they are to you, but when you find out that this is NOT the Dad's first kid it takes all the "special" right out of it.  I'm sorry you are going through this- you deserve better and so does your child.

• conniejo75
    November 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    We don't even have to show divorce papers.... just sign that we certify we are not legally married or in a domestic partnership

Quoting HyperMom38:

We were never asked how many times either of us had been married before, just "if" either of us had been.  He said yes and the clerk asked for the divorce papers. (For him- he has no problem answering only the exact question asked, even though he knows it is essentially a lie.)  I found out because I met one of his friends from his hometown and he outed my ex about the # of times he had been married.  The court sent paperwork asking for him to support his son from the last marriage after I was pregnant with DD and that's how I found about his first child.  Men are such lying dogs!                

Quoting michiganmom5150:

Did he lie on your marriage certificate? You have to put how many previous marriages.

Quoting HyperMom38:

I know how this feels.  My ex told me I was his 2nd wife and that he had no children from his first marriage.  Turns out I was the 5th wife and he has a son with his 4th wife that he does not claim, but the law says is his.  It feels so bad because you want this child to be as special to their dad as they are to you, but when you find out that this is NOT the Dad's first kid it takes all the "special" right out of it.  I'm sorry you are going through this- you deserve better and so does your child.

• Singlemominit
    November 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    Yup, had the same thing happen. And he has ditched all of us, working under the table and moving states. Found out through public record he has a son
  • PaperClip811
    November 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

*hugs* dont let it get you down. Focus on that beautiful baby boy. I became friends with my BDs ex wife so DS gets to see his half sibiling. Sometimes it's tough because BD's a worse father to his 1st born than he is to our son... but Im glad they know who each other are, since they wouldnt if it were only up to BD. 

Quoting Teenmommy1119:

Yup! It sucks. But I'm letting myself feel the emotions from it. Either that or I'm starting to get depressed & idk it.. But it really sucks

Quoting PaperClip811:

• Teenmommy1119
    November 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    I'm trying not to. But I'm overly emotional & I honestly don't know why. It's weird... But I wish that would happen for my son!

Quoting PaperClip811:

*hugs* dont let it get you down. Focus on that beautiful baby boy. I became friends with my BDs ex wife so DS gets to see his half sibiling. Sometimes it's tough because BD's a worse father to his 1st born than he is to our son... but Im glad they know who each other are, since they wouldnt if it were only up to BD. 

Quoting Teenmommy1119:

Quoting PaperClip811:

• Teenmommy1119
    November 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    Ahhh weird same thing over here.. He got fired from his job & now idk how he makes his ends meet. & still manages trips to AC to drink & stay in fancy hotels.

Quoting Singlemominit:

Yup, had the same thing happen. And he has ditched all of us, working under the table and moving states. Found out through public record he has a son
  • Singlemominit
    November 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM
    He lives with his grand parents lol

Quoting Teenmommy1119:

Ahhh weird same thing over here.. He got fired from his job & now idk how he makes his ends meet. & still manages trips to AC to drink & stay in fancy hotels.

Quoting Singlemominit:

• Teenmommy1119
    November 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    Stoppp! Omg that's terrible how old is he?

Quoting Singlemominit:

He lives with his grand parents lol

Quoting Teenmommy1119:

Quoting Singlemominit:

• skyelyns_mommie
    November 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    Hugs mama idk how that feels however my ex tells people his daughter is dead. No she's alive and well he just didn't want to ne a dad!!

Single Moms