Single Moms

Gemini_MomOfTwo
Hyperemesis...in other words, severe nausea during pregnancy
November 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Did anyone else have this or heard of this. Its an illness 2% of preggo women get that cause severe nausea and pain. I lost maybe ten pounds and sometimes I'm vomiting three or four times a day, it makes me miserable. I was on medication to help, but now that I can't get any more until my next dr. appt, does anyone know any remedies for severe nausea??!!

Replies

• Andrewsmom70
    November 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    Ginger supposedly helps. Ginger ale, fresh ginger, etc.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • strngenough
    November 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    My mom recommends mints and almonds. Not together but as two options. It actually helped. I'd chew mint gum for a little bit then spit it out. Bought me some relief.
  • Gemini_MomOfTwo
    November 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    Thanks ladies, ginger just laughs at me now, but ill try the mint
  • isaiahbellamom
    November 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Lemon heads or sour candy maybe?
  • Krystle21
    November 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    I was like this the first 3 months, couldn't keep anything down. I lost 11lbs. Ginger ale n coke helped me. I kept saltine crackers n ginger ale at my beside and ate a few before I got outta bed in the morning bc a soon as I got up I would vomit. Hope this helps
  • happymommy1105
    November 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    I have it.

I have lost 36lbs this pregnancy. I lost 30lbs my first pregnancy.

I have a Zofran pump and home health nurse that comes to refill my pump once a week.

I also have phenghen. as long as my pump is filled and I push the button every 4 hours and I take the phenghen every 6 hours at night....I can survive.

I am 38 weeks and 5 days now and still throw up a few times a day.

I would literally die without the medicine..
  • LifeCafe42
    November 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    Zofran was my buddy
  • faerie75
    November 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    Ya I've heard of it, sorry you have it. I am 17 weeks and have not got sick one time. But I'm gonna be so fat after :(
  • PoplarGrove
    November 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Try taking 25-50 mg of vitamin B6.  Here in Canada we have a drug called dictectin that's a combination of Unisom and B6 but I'm not sure of the doses so you'd have to research.  

I had hyperemesis with my fourth and diclectin kept me somewhat normal.  I would have been in the hospital without it. I had it all the way to 34 weeks.  It was horrible.  

• tyfry7496
    November 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    A classmate had this and she was hospitalized and ended up with an I'VE pump attached to her 24/7 to help her stat hydrated. She couldn't even keep water down. This is a serious condition that goes beyond severe morning sickness.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts