Single Moms

wigglesmomma22
Accidents in Kindergarten??
November 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM

My DD has had two accidents in the past two weeks.  Is this a normal thing for a five year old?  Nothing has really changed for her as far as her schedule.  She goes iwth her dad saturday afternoon/evening and comes home on Monday after school.  I spend as much time with her as possible, but I"m in school in the mornings and she is in Kindergarten in the afternoons.  I'm just getting a little concerned.  This seems to be a little out of character for her..

Replies

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    November 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Have you asked her about it?  Do they have to ask permission to go to the bathroom at school and maybe she is scared to ask?  Do they have set times that they go to the bathroom and maybe she doesn't know that she can ask to go in between if she needs to? 

• michiganmom5150
    November 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    My ds had one. They called me to bring a change of underwear. Apparently that day, 4 boys had accidents on the playground and they ran out of extras. I think sometimes they get excited or don't want to miss out on things and they forget to go or ignore the urge. Very normal.
  • petite101
    November 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

My daughter had them a lot. Most of the time it was at lunch time because they weren't "allowed" to use the bathroom at that time. I told her to just get up and go and if she got in trouble I would handle it. Kids can't control when they need to go and they sure can't hold it like we can if they have to.

• happymommy1105
    November 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    I peed my pants a lot in kindergarten.

my mom kept looking for a medical reason since it was out of character for me.

I just didn't want to stop playing. I made the choice to Pee my pants instead of go Potty anytime I deemed something too fun to stop!

• Robsessed98
    November 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    Apparantly it happens alot. My dds were required to have a change of underwear and pants.
  • LifeCafe42
    November 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    My friends son kept a change of clothes in his backpack because he did too
  • brieri
    by brieri
    November 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Don't know the type of accidents your talking about, so I cannot help you.  Sorry.

• aj23
    by aj23
    November 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM

It's normal for some kids to have accidents at the start of Kindergarten. There's a lot of change going on and some kids take some time to adjust. Other times the kids just get so wrapped up in playing or working on something they don't make time to go.
    Make sure she goes to the bathroom before she goes to school and talk to the teacher to see if they are happening at the same time or during the same activity. 2 accidents really isn't a big deal and its part of the reason most schools ask that you send a change of clothes for the kids because these things happen.

• faerie75
    November 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM

is she shy? how long has she been in k? sometimes they are embarrassed to ask to use the bathroom.

Single Moms