Single Moms

Featured Posts
sonnyswoman75
how long
October 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
After a divorce should you wait before dating?

Replies

• autismmommy83
    October 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM

LOL I was thinking this same thing.  Looks like I am headed to Divorce number 2 at the ripe young age of 29.  I so didn't want to be in this position again.  Anywho, last time I was seperated from April and the divorce didn't finalize until December that year. I did not date nor care to date the whole time while seperated even though my ex had already had several girl friends prior to the divorce date.  I did how ever spread my wings immediately after the divorce date as I was ready to move forward with my life. 

This time around I don't know where I stand. Part of me wants to move through this whole process quicker then I did last time, but at the same time I feel a bit more jaded and untrusting.  I think what I really want is to be on my own two feet, with my own home, and date someone at some point that will support my need to be indepentent of them.  Not sure though if I can ever trust another man again though so I have my work cut out for me.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    October 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM

you need to do what you feel is best!

• Robsessed98
    October 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM
    Youre the only one who can answer that. Its different for everyone. Youll just know when youre ready. When you are, just take it slowly and dont jump right in to another relationship.
  • strngenough
    October 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I am 29 and seperated. I can't get divorced until the baby is born. My husband left me a couple of weeks ago. What did I do? I cried for a week, I thought my life is over (I'm still not sure it isn't), and then last week I made an online profile. I am not looking for a new relationship, but it would be cool if I found one. What I am looking to do is flirt, get hit on, have a great convo, have some smiles, and mainly be reminded that I am special, smart, pretty, and sexy. It may sound horrible, but I am afraid that if I let the cobwebs grow too much then I will never get back my sense of worth. He took that from me. He had me convinced I was horrible. It's been nice to get flirted with. Not sure if it is healthy or not, but I have to do what I need to do to heal.

• cklamour
    October 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    I met my boyfriend (now ex) a week after I mailed off my paperwork. We were together six months when my divorce was finalized lol
  • MommyAJ2921
    October 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

My divorce won't be finalized until 11/13...we've been legally separated since July but I left in May. Lemme tell you..I'm not the LEAST bit interested in dating ANYBODY at the moment. I'm enjoying life and my sons and getting rid of the garbage from my marriage. I've had a few guys hit on me which was nice..but for me? right now...my life is good...I don't plan on looking for a man..that's how I wound up with the soon to be ex dh...next time he can find me. 

• steviechick
    October 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I've been divorced for almost a year.  Will be next month.  I've gone on two dates - through friends - they were complete duds.  I'm ready to date but haven't met anyone thus far.  I think when you are ready to date mentally then you should date.  There's not set time but for most it take at least a year to adjust to being divorced. 

• Sj218
    by Sj218
    October 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    I read that you should wait one year for every four that you were married. That's 2.5 yrs for me...yikes!
  • alkbco
    by alkbco
    October 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I waited almost six months after seperating. but i wasnt ready and i ended up hurting a seriously amazing guy. i think when u are 100% over your ex anytime after is good just make sure u are ready. i really thought i was but no.. 

• ImaSoulMom
    October 21, 2012 at 2:09 AM
    It is different for everyone. I have been divorced since january but he left last july. It has been a nice ego boost getting hit on but i can tell they just want sex. There are days i want that too but no I want a loving partner... so it might be a while.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts