Single Moms

Alex21328
Confused
October 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Hi I'm Brie and just confirmed with the doctor that I'm expecting!
32, and 6 months ago ended my serious committed relationship with the father of my children(Pierre 8 and Alessandra 6) I'm getting used to being a single mom. I just found out I'm pregnant with my exs child. I was getting back together with him about 2 weeks, and I know it was irresponsible but I still have feelings for him. My ex and I aren't together, but how to I tell him I'm expecting? How do I tell my kids? I've never been alone in a pregnancy before and It scares me

Replies

• brieri
    by brieri
    October 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

There is a way and you will find it.  Good Luck.

• Robsessed98
    October 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    Welcome to the group. You just need to flat out tell him youre pregnant. Theres no reason to tell the kids right away, until youve had time to let it sink in and feel ok about it. Theyll probably be excited to have a baby around.
  • devynsmommy09
    October 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    I agree with this

Quoting Robsessed98:

Welcome to the group. You just need to flat out tell him youre pregnant. Theres no reason to tell the kids right away, until youve had time to let it sink in and feel ok about it. Theyll probably be excited to have a baby around.

• LeeLee375
    October 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    Being pregnant alone is not fun, but definitely doable :-) I was in pretty much in the exact same boat as you a year and a half ago. I think the pregnancy gave the older two (5 and 7) something happy to focus on, rather than focusing on the separation of their mom and dad.

She is now 8 months old (and beautiful!) and being a single parent is second nature. Everything improves with time, believe me.

As far as telling him, I just told my xh over a phone call I think. I don't remember for sure. But, as for telling my kids, I told them as soon as I had told my parents. A pregnancy by an ex is not news I wanted my little boys delivering to my family! Lol! And the kids were so happy, they didn't ask why or how or where this baby came from.

Good luck! You can do it :-) and congratulations on the new baby!
  • bamababe1975
    October 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Hi Brie! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know the timing sucks but you can do it. As for telling your kids, just sit down with them and tell them they're going to have another brother or sister.

Single Moms