Single Moms

mz23
repeatedly coming over unannounced
by mz23
October 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM
My dd father has only came over to see her a handful a times. And he always pops up unannounced and in the late evening or at night! I have told him if you wanna come over and see her call and I will tell you when is a good time. there times he's come over sunlight calling and also brought ppl with him. Today he came at 8 my dad let him in while I finally got my dd to sleep although I did,not know. I went to the living room im like what are you doing baby is sleep you didn't call it's night so leave. He just had this stupid blank expression on his face but I thought he got the point so I jumped in the shower got settled down I go out and that bone head was sitting out on the couch. I say what are you doing? Leave!,he gets up then slowLY puts on his jacket then leaves. Didn't even bring dd and diapers or anything. He's brought her one small pack since she's been born she's 4 mos. Ugh this guy is not smart *sigh* any one go through this?, I would like to set up set visitation days though im sure he won't follow it and will continue popping up unannounced I just want him to go away!

Replies

• Ashbeth1978
    October 11, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    Don't allow him in the house & tell your dad not to allow him in the house when he shows up unannounced. Maybe he'll get the point then.
  • moosesmom
    October 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM
    When we first got divorced he did it. I nipped that REAL quick. This is what WILL NOT happen....
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    October 11, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    Wow....you'd think he'd get the hint and call
  • devynsmommy09
    October 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

1.  Send him an email (pref w/ a read receipt) letting him know that he is not allowed on my property without my permission and at least 48 hours notice.  **make sure you address visitation agreement (if there is one, here so the judge can see that you are blocking him from seeing the kid).

2.  Next time he comes over without announcing it, call the police.  He won't get arrested that time (unless he is threatening your safety) but they will issue a formal warning that he is not to come on your property.  Make sure you show them the email so they know what terms to quote.

3.  Next time he comes over without announcing it, do not answer the door.  Call the police and have his a** arrested.

4.  Repeat step 3 as many times as necessary unitl bonehead gets the idea that you will not be disrespected.

Good luck!

• mz23
    by mz23
    October 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Wow....you'd think he'd get the hint and call

You'd think but this guy ain't too bright. I tried to help him when we we're together: become smarter by like reading, loose weight dress better. But I failed horribly. I realize now this guy is a list cause doesn't even have common sense. And he had the nerve to be sporting some silver sneakers. He is almost 30. Just looking like a straight fool.,my mom says the synapses in his brain ain't firing....
  • mz23
    by mz23
    October 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    Quoting devynsmommy09:

1.  Send him an email (pref w/ a read receipt) letting him know that he is not allowed on my property without my permission and at least 48 hours notice.  **make sure you address visitation agreement (if there is one, here so the judge can see that you are blocking him from seeing the kid).

2.  Next time he comes over without announcing it, call the police.  He won't get arrested that time (unless he is threatening your safety) but they will issue a formal warning that he is not to come on your property.  Make sure you show them the email so they know what terms to quote.

3.  Next time he comes over without announcing it, do not answer the door.  Call the police and have his a** arrested.

4.  Repeat step 3 as many times as necessary unitl bonehead gets the idea that you will not be disrespected.

Good luck!

I don't even think he has an email I can't imagine him knowing how to use that lol. And we don't have a court visitation but I will def type something in writing and have him sign it in case this issue,is ever brought up in a court. Thanks for the advice. I will def bring the police,in,this if it continues to happen. Who just comes over without asking time and time again after being told repeatedly to stop smh
  • mz23
    by mz23
    October 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    Quoting moosesmom:

When we first got divorced he did it. I nipped that REAL quick. This is what WILL NOT happen....

Lol it is unacceptable. I def will make sure it doesn't happen again even if the popo gets involved.
  • mz23
    by mz23
    October 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    Quoting Ashbeth1978:

Don't allow him in the house & tell your dad not to allow him in the house when he shows up unannounced. Maybe he'll get the point then.

I've let the family know don't let him in now!
  • mommynac
    October 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Don't let him in. If he won't leave, call the cops. I had to deal with this and it only gets worse. And go back to court ASAP to establish visitation. If he doesn't follow it that's his problem.

• mz23
    by mz23
    October 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    Quoting mommynac:

Don't let him in. If he won't leave, call the cops. I had to deal with this and it only gets worse. And go back to court ASAP to establish visitation. If he doesn't follow it that's his problem.

Nice to now other people have gone through this. Do I have to do that process with a lawyer cause I surely can't afford one? Or is it something I file

Single Moms