Single Moms

Featured Posts
MeeshMom
Help. My son says he never wants to see his dad again
October 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I had bd skip his visit this past weekend because my son is very upset with him. Bd has been pinching my son and also will pin him with his knees up to his chest to discipline. Every time I've told him to stop. Idk what else to do. My son told me yesterday that he never wants to see his dad ever again because he hurts him. I don't blame him. Idk what to do though.

I haven't told bd what my son said and don't want him to react. He's just a kid ya know. I hope he's willing to change and do parenting classes or something. Ugh. My sister said my son shouldn't have a say whether to visit his dad but just to nip his poor discipline skills. Easier said than done.

I wanna know has anyone been in a similar situation? Should I consult an attorney? Wtf do I do? And we do not have a CO for visitation or custody. Bd hasn't been involved in my sons life at all until this past May. We do supervised visits and a few times I let bd take my son out alone which I now regret.

Replies

• zebralove
    October 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

When a child knows or senses bad things, they are usually right. If there is proof, which in this case there is, I would do what he wants. Who cares if he is little, if he does not feel comfortable or is being harmed, why continue? In my eyes, the doer is as guilty as the accoplice when allowing it to happen even if you are not say, go ahead and discipline him that way.

If you felt uncomfortable or knew you were going to get hurt somewhere you also wouldnt want to be there. Let your child gain trust in his dad again.

I got a lot of beef too when my child said he didnt want to go to his dads, i later found out he had a gf who dad would spend all his time with and pretty much leave my kid to fend for himself.really a 2 year old?

you know what to do, and who cares what anyone says. it is your life and your child and you know whats right or wrong.

I am not sure about the attorney or anything, but take pictures and keep track that will help make CO supervised visitations a  bigger possiblity.

• angelhart3
    October 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I think you should consult an attorney and know your son means that he doesn't want to see his dad. Please don't force him to go.

• devynsmommy09
    October 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Dude, I would drag his but back to court and get visitation revised.  When your son comes him and says that daddy hurt him, file police reports, take pictures, everything has to be documented.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts