Single Moms

Featured Posts
Blessed_Mommy87
Do you get judged as a single mom?
October 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

When I was looking for a better job one place that I did an interview with two people at the same time one was a lady and she asks me well how are you going to manage working full time, going to school(which is online so not a major deal) and being a mom. I hate hearing that from people oh how do you do it all being a single mother must be hard. Yes its hard but I can do it I have for a year and am doing just fine. I am doing the best I can for me and my kids. Wish some people mind their own business and not judge me because of my status. I am a single mom and happy I may not have a man to help but I am not complaining, am a happy single mother. Ok done venting lol.

Replies

• queensweet
    October 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    Quoting MsLogansMommy:

lol.. that sounds like someone whom just wants to be in the know of nothing because there is no mystery. single parenthood is just what it is. smh.
  • ame4c
    by ame4c
    October 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM

1st of all I never mention I'm a single mother during a job interview.  They can not legally ask those questions.  My employeer does not find out that info until after they hire me.

and the answer to the question do I get judged?  Sure, we all do.  My biggest grip is everyone assumes since I have kids I'm looking for a husband.  Sorry to burst their bubbles, but I've made it this far without a man I don't need one now.

• Laurel916
    October 11, 2012 at 6:05 AM
    Quoting MeeshMom:

I get judged sometimes. But mostly people are impressed that I work full time, am a single mom and finishing my bachelors degree. All by myself.

I am doing the same thing and have a very happy 2 year old son and a smile on my face. I prefer to say we are a family of two. Single mom has become negative. I am a full time single mom too. Father does not have visitation- no breaks for me. Love being my sons mommy!
  • Chellie13
    October 11, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I got judged by the school system, which is just *one more* reason I don't like schools.  They really looked down on single mothers, even though I was holding it all together and going to nursing school too.  Didn't seem to matter.  They were jerks.  I ended up homeschooling for four years because I got so sick of their crap. 

• kahanu
    by kahanu
    October 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    That was illegal what she asked you since if they didnt hire you, it could be.considered discrimination.
  • Vivian0331
    October 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I have been judged for being a single mom but the one thing I have found I am judge more for is because I walked out on my baby's daddy. They judge me cause I chose to be a single mom. Fact of the matter is he really left me no choice. I mean I would never chose my drug addicted ex over my son. It makes me mad that people don't understand the reasons I did that.

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    October 11, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I just ignore it.  I've worked full time, gone to school 3/4-1/2 time online, and been a single mom for about 5 years and have had no problems managing all of it.

• tyfry7496
    October 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    I have been judged but never for being a single parent. People are actually surprised when they find out that I raised my son on my own. I get a lot of compliments on my parenting.
  • Blessed_Mommy87
    October 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    I get conpliments some will say your brave but the most part is that like when looking for a job and if your a single mom they think you cant do the job, which is wrong.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts