Single Moms

Featured Posts
erinmomofone
Teen & single motherhood is hard.
October 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Being a single and teen mom is such a challenge and I can't help but think about my daughter's future even though she is 4 years old I think will she end up like me. Will she end up delivering her baby at 14? I don't want her to face the challenges that I face everyday from working, going to school and raising a child at 19. Tv, movies and other places make it look all so great but it's not not for me anyway. It's so hard doing everything. I hate the stares and comments I get and I don't want her to face that. Also I don't want her to be a single mom. I find myself struggling and it's only been a few months. So all you single moms I think you do a great job! My life has been a challenge and I hope my daughter doesn't face what I have, really I don't want anyone to face what I did. I'll teach my baby girl when she's older.

So since I wrote a book thanks for listening and the support.....I need it! 

Replies

• MicahBoo07
    October 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Just do the best u can and when she is old enough just tell her how hard it was and how u struggled thru the years of being a teen single mom and that u don't want her to go thru that. Start it young at like age 7 so when she is 14 it will have stuck with her not to do what u did.

Don't let the stars get to u. People can be rude but as long as u are there for ur chid 100% of the time then u are doing what u should.

• erinmomofone
    October 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    Yeah Ill be talking to her about it...I try not to let the stares Get to me but it's hard not to. Yes I am 100% there for her.

Quoting MicahBoo07:

Just do the best u can and when she is old enough just tell her how hard it was and how u struggled thru the years of being a teen single mom and that u don't want her to go thru that. Start it young at like age 7 so when she is 14 it will have stuck with her not to do what u did.

Don't let the stars get to u. People can be rude but as long as u are there for ur chid 100% of the time then u are doing what u should.

• Mommie_to_Bee
    October 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    I agree with the post above me. I am 21 and a single mother of a 4 month old daughter. It is very hard but I have great support from my own mother. That kind of support makes a world of difference. Good luck to you and hang in there. It takes a super woman to tackle parenthood alone.
  • ZakkarysMom
    October 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    You are doing a great job! And thinking about her future shows you are a good mom. Keep up the good work!
  • erinmomofone
    October 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    I am lucky too my mom is there for me too. Even though she hasnt always. It does take a super women to do it alone! I am very inspired by all of you ladies who are single moms.

Quoting Mommie_to_Bee:

I agree with the post above me. I am 21 and a single mother of a 4 month old daughter. It is very hard but I have great support from my own mother. That kind of support makes a world of difference. Good luck to you and hang in there. It takes a super woman to tackle parenthood alone.

• erinmomofone
    October 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    Thank you!

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

You are doing a great job! And thinking about her future shows you are a good mom. Keep up the good work!

• Robsessed98
    October 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    First of all, I really admire you for staying in school when it would have been so much easier to quit. I also admire the maturity youve shown stepping up to raise and provide for her when you were still a baby when you had her. Being a single parent isnt easy at any age. The upside for you is that youre still young enough to have enough energy to chase her around lol. The older you get, the harder it gets to keep up with them. My 16 y/o is due in 3 weeks, so Im sure Ill witness the same struggles youve had soon enough.
  • erinmomofone
    October 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    Thanks, energy lol...not really...aww congrats to your daughter....its hard but itll be ok.

Quoting Robsessed98:

First of all, I really admire you for staying in school when it would have been so much easier to quit. I also admire the maturity youve shown stepping up to raise and provide for her when you were still a baby when you had her. Being a single parent isnt easy at any age. The upside for you is that youre still young enough to have enough energy to chase her around lol. The older you get, the harder it gets to keep up with them. My 16 y/o is due in 3 weeks, so Im sure Ill witness the same struggles youve had soon enough.

• Sami....
    October 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    Hugs Hun. I was in your place once. I had my oldest at 14. She's 9 now. If you graduated high school, go to college. I promise its worth it. If not, get your diploma then go to college. You can do it; your daughter and yourself will benefit from it. Feel free to friend and PM me :)
  • erinmomofone
    October 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Finished highschool going to online college right now...which is not my favorite but it's ok for now....thank you.

Quoting Sami....:

Hugs Hun. I was in your place once. I had my oldest at 14. She's 9 now. If you graduated high school, go to college. I promise its worth it. If not, get your diploma then go to college. You can do it; your daughter and yourself will benefit from it. Feel free to friend and PM me :)

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts