Single Moms

aLBa87
has anyone else felt like this...
by aLBa87
October 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I am 24 yr old single mother to a beautiful 2 1/2 yr old girl. Although I never planned on having any children whenni found out I was pregnant with her I couldnt imagine not having her. Her dad and I werent together but I felt fine in my choice to go at it alone. When my daughter was 8 months her dad passed away and I miss him everyday, not because I was IN love with him but because he was an amazing person. Anyway as of now I am a week late and although ive taken two pregnancy tests and they were negative, im really scared that I am pregnant. The possible dad is nice, supportive and all of that but I dont want anymore kids. Im set on not having it if I am anf I just wanted to see if anyone else has been in this situation or if you havent what would you do?

Replies

• sid1083
    by sid1083
    October 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I was there with my second. Totally a surprise. I spent a couple weeks wrestling with my decision, but in the end I decided that for *me*, there were other people who were worse off than I was and somehow made it work; if they could do it, then so could I. What you choose to do is a very personal choice, and yours alone. I'm satisfied with the decision I made, and that's the kind of peace you'll need to find. Good luck.

• Danielle17T
    October 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    I wanted to end my 2nd pregnancy rite when I found out I had lost my job a month b4& had no money I wasn't withe the father anymore he has anger problems& is very controlling I begged him to barrow me money for an abortion he wouldn't he said he wanted a baby with me& I should think of it as a gift( a gift he's not gonna take care of) by the time he finally told me he'd gimme the money I changed my mind I'm 7months pregnant now& very happy I'm keeping this baby! Even if I have to raise 2kids alone! U just need to do what is rite 4u if u truly don't want another baby then u probably shouldn't have another I definitely wanted more kids I just wanted to b married& b with a someone that's gonna b a good father but we don't always get exactly what we want!
  • Robsessed98
    October 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    The stress youre giving yourself over this could be part of the reason youre late. If I were you and was that opposed to have another child, I would use the most effective birrh control AND use a condom every time without fail.
  • MsLogansMommy
    October 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I am 100% pro choice but I also wanted to point out (and I am sure you are already aware of this) that keeping your baby and aborting your baby are not your only choices. If you are pg could you consider adoption. I absolutely loved being pg and my pregnancy was very easy (although I know not all pregnancies are the same) I considered being a surrogate (but im too old) because although the pg and birth experience is amazing I didnt want to actually bring another baby home Lol I am definitely sure I am not having anymore kids and I am on the pill. You dont know for sure yet so all this talk could really be for nothing I think one of the other posters said stress can make your period late and there are other reasons you should get a reliable test before you start making all these life altering decisions and if you are not pregnant then this should be a wake up call to be much much more careful in the future if you are sure you do not want anymore. 

• FindersKeepers
    October 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I don't mean to be harsh but if you dont' want kids.... You should be using more reliable birth control.  

That's what I would do... or did or am doing... to answer your question.

• aLBa87
    by aLBa87
    October 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    Thank you for your thoughts. I will def try to not stress about anything before I know for sure. And if im not preg I will NOT be having sex with out contraceptives.

Single Moms