Single Moms

Featured Posts
aLBa87
has anyone else felt like this...
by aLBa87
October 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I am 24 yr old single mother to a beautiful 2 1/2 yr old girl. Although I never planned on having any children whenni found out I was pregnant with her I couldnt imagine not having her. Her dad and I werent together but I felt fine in my choice to go at it alone. When my daughter was 8 months her dad passed away and I miss him everyday, not because I was IN love with him but because he was an amazing person. Anyway as of now I am a week late and although ive taken two pregnancy tests and they were negative, im really scared that I am pregnant. The possible dad is nice, supportive and all of that but I dont want anymore kids. Im set on not having it if I am anf I just wanted to see if anyone else has been in this situation or if you havent what would you do?

Replies

• sid1083
    by sid1083
    October 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I was there with my second. Totally a surprise. I spent a couple weeks wrestling with my decision, but in the end I decided that for *me*, there were other people who were worse off than I was and somehow made it work; if they could do it, then so could I. What you choose to do is a very personal choice, and yours alone. I'm satisfied with the decision I made, and that's the kind of peace you'll need to find. Good luck.

• Danielle17T
    October 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    I wanted to end my 2nd pregnancy rite when I found out I had lost my job a month b4& had no money I wasn't withe the father anymore he has anger problems& is very controlling I begged him to barrow me money for an abortion he wouldn't he said he wanted a baby with me& I should think of it as a gift( a gift he's not gonna take care of) by the time he finally told me he'd gimme the money I changed my mind I'm 7months pregnant now& very happy I'm keeping this baby! Even if I have to raise 2kids alone! U just need to do what is rite 4u if u truly don't want another baby then u probably shouldn't have another I definitely wanted more kids I just wanted to b married& b with a someone that's gonna b a good father but we don't always get exactly what we want!
  • Robsessed98
    October 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    The stress youre giving yourself over this could be part of the reason youre late. If I were you and was that opposed to have another child, I would use the most effective birrh control AND use a condom every time without fail.
  • MsLogansMommy
    October 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I am 100% pro choice but I also wanted to point out (and I am sure you are already aware of this) that keeping your baby and aborting your baby are not your only choices. If you are pg could you consider adoption. I absolutely loved being pg and my pregnancy was very easy (although I know not all pregnancies are the same) I considered being a surrogate (but im too old) because although the pg and birth experience is amazing I didnt want to actually bring another baby home Lol I am definitely sure I am not having anymore kids and I am on the pill. You dont know for sure yet so all this talk could really be for nothing I think one of the other posters said stress can make your period late and there are other reasons you should get a reliable test before you start making all these life altering decisions and if you are not pregnant then this should be a wake up call to be much much more careful in the future if you are sure you do not want anymore. 

• FindersKeepers
    October 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I don't mean to be harsh but if you dont' want kids.... You should be using more reliable birth control.  

That's what I would do... or did or am doing... to answer your question.

• aLBa87
    by aLBa87
    October 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    Thank you for your thoughts. I will def try to not stress about anything before I know for sure. And if im not preg I will NOT be having sex with out contraceptives.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN