Single Moms

Featured Posts
KrazyGirl2012
Antifreeze and a lighter
October 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

So this being a single parent does have it's flaws. I like not having to worry about the stresses of my exhusband being here with us, but at times like this, I really miss having him around....

I had to get some antifreeze today because well it's winter time like weather and I don't have any in my truck. So, I decide that I should probably put it in before we get this freeze we are supposed to get tonight. I go out there and pop the hood, open the antifreeze and since my porch light is out, I have to try to hold the antifreeze while using a lighter to see and open the coolant thingy in the truck, then while still using the lighter for light, I had to try to pour it in without spilling it every where and all over myself.

Mission accomplished, but if the hubby was around, this would have been the least of my worries. He always made sure the vehicles we owned were taken care of and maintained. I tend to forget about these important things now that he isn't around anymore. Gonna have to start listening to the boyfriend and start taking notes. lol

Hope this goofball incident makes someone else laugh, cuz I am pretty sure it was commical if anyone would have been watching. lol

Replies

• Teenmommy1119
    October 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    Oh dear goodness well at least it didn't catch fire! Isn't antifreeze flammable?
  • Luv.My.Kidz
    October 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

A tip I learned.... Keep a small flashlight in the glovebox and put a belt hook on it, they normally have a wrist string on them, so you can hang it from the inside of the hood.

Also if you poor the windshield wiper fluid or antifreeze from behind (Handle down or on the side, either will work) it will take all the air and will flow better so it won't spill all over the place.

• LifeCafe42
    October 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

flashlights are awesome!!! hey you did it without him here's to many more accomplishments!

• Robsessed98
    October 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    Lol. Thats why they make flashlights.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts