Single Moms

Featured Posts
KoriLovesYou
So stressed out right now!
October 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I have about a million things going on now... And I just need someone to talk to! I'm a 17 yo mother to my DD (she's three) At the moment Teagan has decided it is time for her to be defiant of EVERYTHING!!! On top of that I have major guy problems and My bff is being a bitch. School just started again. I have no time to do anything! And I'm going crazy!!! 

Replies

• annas_momma
    October 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

It's all good momma.  When she starts acting out tell her what she is doing wrong and put her in time out, or in her room.  As far as guy problems, don't worry about them.  There is no need to stress over that right now.  Leave your friend alone.  She will either come out of it, or she will move on, only time will tell.  I have had many friends have a bad day, week, month....they all work things out and pull their heads outa their butts.  I am in college myself, and I know how hard school can be while trying to juggle being a mom, friend, and DF, but all things get easier...and the end result is soo worth it.  Just try to focus on you, your daughter, and school right now and everything else will find its place. :)

• KoriLovesYou
    October 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I know that's what i should do, but it's alot easier said than done! She just turned 3, but has speech problems, so I should have expected it, but Right now, everything is just crushing me... As for guy probs, lets put it this way... My bd is back after over 3.5 years, deciding he wants to be a father. But the last time I saw him he bitched me out and slapped me. He also tried to make me miscarry my daughter. And my boyfriend of 1.5 years is pressuring me to have his kid. And my best friend, well, we've been inseperable since diapers! It's natural to worry. I just can't handle it all.

Quoting annas_momma:

It's all good momma.  When she starts acting out tell her what she is doing wrong and put her in time out, or in her room.  As far as guy problems, don't worry about them.  There is no need to stress over that right now.  Leave your friend alone.  She will either come out of it, or she will move on, only time will tell.  I have had many friends have a bad day, week, month....they all work things out and pull their heads outa their butts.  I am in college myself, and I know how hard school can be while trying to juggle being a mom, friend, and DF, but all things get easier...and the end result is soo worth it.  Just try to focus on you, your daughter, and school right now and everything else will find its place. :)

• annas_momma
    October 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I know it's easier said than done.  I have gone through a lot of that myself.  Just let your friend cool off, or if y'all are cool like that just ask her what the hell is going on. 

For the bio dad, I say do everything through the court.  If he can treat you that way, walk out of yall's lives, and then expect to show up whenever he pleases he needs a reality check.

Tell your BF that you are not ready for another kid.  Tell him that you need to focus on your daughter and school right now, and that you don't even have time to think about having another child right now.  If he respects you he will lay off, and still be there for you. 

I am almost 26, and my daugter turns 6 a week after my birthday.  I have been where you are right now (only my schooling has been college) and I know how confusing everything can be.  Feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk.

Quoting KoriLovesYou:

I know that's what i should do, but it's a lot easier said than done! She just turned 3, but has speech problems, so I should have expected it, but Right now, everything is just crushing me... As for guy probs, lets put it this way... My bd is back after over 3.5 years, deciding he wants to be a father. But the last time I saw him he bitched me out and slapped me. He also tried to make me miscarry my daughter. And my boyfriend of 1.5 years is pressuring me to have his kid. And my best friend, well, we've been inseparable since diapers! It's natural to worry. I just can't handle it all.

Quoting annas_momma:

• queensweet
    October 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    Focus on you & your little woman. When she starts acting up let her know that it is bad behavior & put her in a room by herself until she calms down. Then talk to her about being a good girl. As far as your boyfriend, you need to let him know that this is not the time to have a baby. If he really wants to have a family he will make sure he has a good job, a good place AND MARRY YOU FIRST! If he cant understand this then you dont need him.The last thing you want to do is have two kids at the age of 18, neither father is helping you out & not be married to either one. You deserve better and you have to start acting like it. As far as the bd, let him know what you expect from him and set firm boundaries with him. If you havent already done so, take him to cs and set up visitation. If you are feeling overwhelmed, maybe talk to your school ccounselor/ social worker for ways to deal and find out any teen support groups & resources. I hope everything works out for you. I know what it is like to be a teen mom and it is definetly difficult.
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    October 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

*HUGS*

• viv212
    by viv212
    October 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    Wow. It's time to lessen the stress in your life and just stay focused. Things will become what they're supposed to, you can't change that. So you might as well keep to your priorities because whatever will be will be.

By the way, if you're stressing now, imagine how it will be with another child? I've been around the block and it looks to me like this bf you have now is a little insecure do he wants security of having a baby with you. Don't give in. You'll have at least 2 baby daddies by the time you're 20 which means you'll be dealing with 2 different assholes.

Stay focused.

Quoting KoriLovesYou:

I know that's what i should do, but it's alot easier said than done! She just turned 3, but has speech problems, so I should have expected it, but Right now, everything is just crushing me... As for guy probs, lets put it this way... My bd is back after over 3.5 years, deciding he wants to be a father. But the last time I saw him he bitched me out and slapped me. He also tried to make me miscarry my daughter. And my boyfriend of 1.5 years is pressuring me to have his kid. And my best friend, well, we've been inseperable since diapers! It's natural to worry. I just can't handle it all.

Quoting annas_momma:

• KoriLovesYou
    October 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Thank you! I know I'm not ready to have another kid, but he is being a dick right now, saying "If you don't want my children, then I'll just go find another woman who actually loves me!" And with BD, he never wanted her, had nothing to do with her for 3 years, never helped me. He didn't care, he even tried to kill her. And he abused me. And I don't want to trust him, just to find that he is abusing my daughter. Because I don't think he could have changed. And I don't trust him at all. He gave up his rights. He shouldn't be able to get them back! And thank you for your help. I really appriciate it. :)

Quoting queensweet:

Focus on you & your little woman. When she starts acting up let her know that it is bad behavior & put her in a room by herself until she calms down. Then talk to her about being a good girl. As far as your boyfriend, you need to let him know that this is not the time to have a baby. If he really wants to have a family he will make sure he has a good job, a good place AND MARRY YOU FIRST! If he cant understand this then you dont need him.The last thing you want to do is have two kids at the age of 18, neither father is helping you out & not be married to either one. You deserve better and you have to start acting like it. As far as the bd, let him know what you expect from him and set firm boundaries with him. If you havent already done so, take him to cs and set up visitation. If you are feeling overwhelmed, maybe talk to your school ccounselor/ social worker for ways to deal and find out any teen support groups & resources. I hope everything works out for you. I know what it is like to be a teen mom and it is definetly difficult.

• KoriLovesYou
    October 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Thank you... 

Quoting annas_momma:

I know it's easier said than done.  I have gone through a lot of that myself.  Just let your friend cool off, or if y'all are cool like that just ask her what the hell is going on. 

For the bio dad, I say do everything through the court.  If he can treat you that way, walk out of yall's lives, and then expect to show up whenever he pleases he needs a reality check.

Tell your BF that you are not ready for another kid.  Tell him that you need to focus on your daughter and school right now, and that you don't even have time to think about having another child right now.  If he respects you he will lay off, and still be there for you. 

I am almost 26, and my daugter turns 6 a week after my birthday.  I have been where you are right now (only my schooling has been college) and I know how confusing everything can be.  Feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk.

Quoting KoriLovesYou:

I know that's what i should do, but it's a lot easier said than done! She just turned 3, but has speech problems, so I should have expected it, but Right now, everything is just crushing me... As for guy probs, lets put it this way... My bd is back after over 3.5 years, deciding he wants to be a father. But the last time I saw him he bitched me out and slapped me. He also tried to make me miscarry my daughter. And my boyfriend of 1.5 years is pressuring me to have his kid. And my best friend, well, we've been inseparable since diapers! It's natural to worry. I just can't handle it all.

Quoting annas_momma:

• KoriLovesYou
    October 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Thanks. I needed a hug. :) 

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

*HUGS*

• KoriLovesYou
    October 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Thanks! And yes, I'm very aware that I'm not ready for another child.

Quoting viv212:

Wow. It's time to lessen the stress in your life and just stay focused. Things will become what they're supposed to, you can't change that. So you might as well keep to your priorities because whatever will be will be.

By the way, if you're stressing now, imagine how it will be with another child? I've been around the block and it looks to me like this bf you have now is a little insecure do he wants security of having a baby with you. Don't give in. You'll have at least 2 baby daddies by the time you're 20 which means you'll be dealing with 2 different assholes.

Stay focused.

Quoting KoriLovesYou:

Quoting annas_momma:

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts