Single Moms

Featured Posts
erinmomofone
How would my life be?
October 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Please don't get me wrong I love my daughter more than the world but I sit here at home watching Disney channel I think how would my life be different if I waited to have sex. Would I be in a 4 year college? Would I have more friends? Would I get to be a normal teenager? What would have been my relationship with my daughters dad? I don't know why I am thinking this because I love my daughter more then anything, I would rather have her then be out. Maybe it's because I am having a challenging time with all that's been going on. I don't like living back at home and getting no space and my daughter is still having a challenging time with being away from her father.

Wow I didn't think my post would be so popular.Please don't get me wrong I love my little girl with all my heart and the thoughts I have aren't going to change how much I love her. Another thing my daughter is 4 so I have been a mom for a while however I am new to the single mommy life.

Replies

• CjEmmemommy
    October 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    Quoting mrsary:

I think back to how it would be if I only had 1 instead of 3! Life was so much easier w the one kid.

Or if we had waited longer after marriage to start having children.
  • erinmomofone
    October 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    Yes, she is a blessing I am very thankful for her. Would not change her for the world!

Quoting blessedwith:

Regretting a decision that might not have been the best for you (having sex before you were really ready for the results) doesn't negate being thankful and loving the results....  She is a blessing....:)

• erinmomofone
    October 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    I don't 'if' myself to many times....just a few nights ago.

Quoting Ballad:

A case of the "what if's" now and then is natural, but don't 'if' yourself to death.  You'll drive yourself crazy and get nowhere with those kind of thoughts.  It's everything we go through that makes us who we are.  And every day, no matter what, we get another chance to move closer to whatever it is we want to be.

• kailu1835
    October 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I would not be with my husband.  If I had not had sex with my bf at 17, my parents wouldn't have moved me across country to get me away from him, and I wouldn't have rebelled and come back to this state at 18 to live with my uncle, I wouldn't have gone to the new years eve party where I met my husband, and we wouldn't have started talking because we were the only two people there not getting drunk.  So I'm okay with my decision, because now I have a wonderful husband who is a great father to our 3 kids.

• erinmomofone
    October 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM
    I certainly love my daughter. She's my everything! Even though I have the what if moments I wouldn't change her for those things. She keeps me going everyday and I do everything for her. Everyday I see her smile, and say mommy I love you I know she was meant to be mine.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Wondering what might have been is perfectly normal and theress nothing wrong with it as long as you dont fixate on it. It certainly doesnt mean you dont love your daughter or that you regret having her. A few hours ago I was thinking about how my life would have turned out had I stayed with my first love 30 years ago. Im sure it would have been a good life, but if I had stayed with him I wouldnt be sitting here right now watching my beautiful grandsons sleeping and know that I lived the life I should have lived instead of the one that could have been.

• erinmomofone
    October 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM
    That great!

Quoting kailu1835:

I would not be with my husband.  If I had not had sex with my bf at 17, my parents wouldn't have moved me across country to get me away from him, and I wouldn't have rebelled and come back to this state at 18 to live with my uncle, I wouldn't have gone to the new years eve party where I met my husband, and we wouldn't have started talking because we were the only two people there not getting drunk.  So I'm okay with my decision, because now I have a wonderful husband who is a great father to our 3 kids.

• Lurion
    by Lurion
    October 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I really applaud you for what you've already done!  You are obviously a very loving, caring mother and have made sacrifices for your daughter.

I was older than you when I had my first (22). In many ways, I think it helped me accomplish what I wanted to in life. I finished college, moved to Costa Rica for 3 years, came back and got a great job then eventually started my own business. I developed so much as a person by being a young single mom. Professionally, people took me more seriously; they respected me more when they saw I was a responsible (and good) mom. They wanted to help. 

Things really do get easier when they're a bit older! Hang in there. 

• minecraft
    October 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I think about this ALL the time. I thought I was the only one :)

• erinmomofone
    October 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM
    Thanks I don't get that much so it really means a lot for someone to say that to me. Thank you!
    Erin

Quoting Lurion:

I really applaud you for what you've already done!  You are obviously a very loving, caring mother and have made sacrifices for your daughter.

I was older than you when I had my first (22). In many ways, I think it helped me accomplish what I wanted to in life. I finished college, moved to Costa Rica for 3 years, came back and got a great job then eventually started my own business. I developed so much as a person by being a young single mom. Professionally, people took me more seriously; they respected me more when they saw I was a responsible (and good) mom. They wanted to help. 

Things really do get easier when they're a bit older! Hang in there. 

• erinmomofone
    October 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM
    I am glad I am not the only one!

Quoting minecraft:

I think about this ALL the time. I thought I was the only one :)

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN