Single Moms

Featured Posts
Marga01
Recent single mom
by Marga01
October 5, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Hi everyone, I'm an older mom of a three year old boy. He is my world, my life and my joy. I lost my mom last year and right after that my ex stated he wanted a divorce. Now I'm looking to create a wonderful life for me and my son. Any advise?

Replies

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    October 5, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Welcome to our group!
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    October 5, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Welcome!
  • victoriahearts
    October 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Welcome to the group, try to keep your son's life as the same as possible, try getting him involved in activities while you for thru your divorce process, also get yourself an oulet, either find someone you can speak to about what you are going thru so you stay sane. Finding activies you can do with your son will be a great way to keep you both busy and active and away from focusing too much on all the changes emotionally. If you think your divorce will get mess, make sure you have an attorney that will guide you and fight for what you deserve, if you think your divorce can be civil I advice trying a mediator which will be less costly so you can work out the detail of who gets what and when. Best of luck and know it's hard at the beginning, accepting change is rarely in our human nature, so don't be hard on yourself but do make sure to take care of yourself so that you can be strong for you son. I too divorced two years ago when my son was 3 yo old, he is now 5 yo and we are coping the best way we know how, keeping busy. 

• amonkeymom
    October 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss of both your mom and your marriage (((hug)))

Welcome to the group!

• Cafe AmyS
    October 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Welcome, we're really glad you've joined us.

• disneyprincess4
    October 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    Hi! Welcome to the group. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and your marriage. You will get through this! I have been a single mom since I was pregnant. My family was not supportive at all and it was hard. Just keep believing in yourself and be the best mom you can be! Through prayers and faith amazing things will come your way! We all are here for you :)
  • Robsessed98
    October 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Welcome to the group. Kids are so resiliant at that age that he will settle into your new life. Just be sure and take care of yourself as well as your son.
  • Marga01
    by Marga01
    October 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    Thanks everyone, it's comforting to know I'm not alone! At times I feel so vulnerable that i ready to crack and other times that I can conquer the world. I try up focus on the simple and good things in my life, like having a job, a home and our health! I do try to find many activities that will keep us both busy so that I don't spend my precious time lamenting over something I can't change. But, thank you all again!! Kisses
  • LifeCafe42
    October 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Welcome!!!!
  • PINKmyfavcolor
    October 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I'm so sorry for what you've been through, but you have the power to make a better life for you both in the future. ((HUGS))

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts