Single Moms

Featured Posts
devynsmommy09
Cheap Vacation Ideas with 3 Year Old?
October 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I seriously need a vaction.  My job is starting to stress me out!!!

I really want to take a cruise.  At first glance, Carnival cruises looked really cheap until I realized that kids are the same price!!!  What the heck!

I live about an hour from the beach so I will definitely be going there soon.  I'm trying to come up with some other ideas.  I live an hour away from Charlotte which isn't bad.  I guess my biggest concern there would be the crowds...I've never tried to navigate a big city and especially not with a toddler.

Have any of you braved a trip to an amusement park with a toddler in tow?  How did that work out?

We could go to an IMAX somewhere...when can kids start going to the movies?

Anyhow, I would love some ideas! 

Replies

• amonkeymom
    October 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM

There are hotels with water parks (thinking of Wisconsin Dells) that you could try.

We went to Mexico when my youngest was 3 and had a blast.

• devynsmommy09
    October 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Mexico sounds awesome!!!  I would love to get out of the US.  Did you stay at a resort or did you just do a hotel and wing the other stuff (food/amenities, etc)?

As far as hotels with Waterparks, we have one here called the Great Wolf Lodge but it is ridiculously expensive.  I'll do some net surfing and see if I can find any other waterpark/lodges.

Thanks a lot!

Quoting amonkeymom:

There are hotels with water parks (thinking of Wisconsin Dells) that you could try.

• brieri
    by brieri
    October 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Having a toddler and going to amusements do not mix very limited to rides.  Since you say near a beach, this a perfect time to go because there are less crowds at this time.  Consider getting a weekend or week day cabin and doing all things possible with out the phone attached to you. 

• amonkeymom
    October 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM

OMG, it was so much fun!  We were in Cancun and stayed at a hotel.  We could've done all-inclusive but we knew we wanted to do some wandering around, etc.  We spent a day at an eco park and that was the best, and we just found yummy places to eat nearby the hotel.  

Quoting devynsmommy09:

Mexico sounds awesome!!!  I would love to get out of the US.  Did you stay at a resort or did you just do a hotel and wing the other stuff (food/amenities, etc)?

As far as hotels with Waterparks, we have one here called the Great Wolf Lodge but it is ridiculously expensive.  I'll do some net surfing and see if I can find any other waterpark/lodges.

Thanks a lot!

Quoting amonkeymom:

• Robsessed98
    October 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    Having been on a cruise let me tell you there is nothing cheap about them, although its worth every penny. With a 3 year old, I would stay fairly close to home. The beach is a great idea. Choose a place that has a variety of places for children since at that age their attention span isnt that long.
  • conniejo75
    October 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    Don't you need a passport now to go to Mexico? I only ask because I know my ex won't allow our kids to get passports... even for a high school trip my son wanted to do. I don't think he would even let me take kids to canada or Mexico.

Quoting amonkeymom:

OMG, it was so much fun!  We were in Cancun and stayed at a hotel.  We could've done all-inclusive but we knew we wanted to do some wandering around, etc.  We spent a day at an eco park and that was the best, and we just found yummy places to eat nearby the hotel.  

Quoting devynsmommy09:

Thanks a lot!

Quoting amonkeymom:

• amonkeymom
    October 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Yes, you do.  Even when you didn't you still had to have the absent parent sign a form allowing the child to travel out of the country.  :(  Bummer.

Quoting conniejo75:

Don't you need a passport now to go to Mexico? I only ask because I know my ex won't allow our kids to get passports... even for a high school trip my son wanted to do. I don't think he would even let me take kids to canada or Mexico.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting devynsmommy09:

Thanks a lot!

Quoting amonkeymom:

• conniejo75
    October 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    Yeah we talked about passports because my mom moved to AK .... and if I wanted to drive I needed a passport for all of us since you go up through Canada. If we flew we didn't need passports since leaving and landing would be in USA. But the tickets are expensive. :(

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yes, you do.  Even when you didn't you still had to have the absent parent sign a form allowing the child to travel out of the country.  :(  Bummer.

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting devynsmommy09:

Thanks a lot!

Quoting amonkeymom:

• devynsmommy09
    October 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

What cruise line did you use?  I've been eyeing Carnival for a while.  They have "camp carnival" for the kids which would free up all day for me if I wanted it.  I've also looked at the Disney cruises.  There is a lot less to do for adults but I know my son would love to party with Mickey Mouse. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Having been on a cruise let me tell you there is nothing cheap about them, although its worth every penny. With a 3 year old, I would stay fairly close to home. The beach is a great idea. Choose a place that has a variety of places for children since at that age their attention span isnt that long.

• devynsmommy09
    October 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Wow!  I didn't realize that I can't even get a passport without consent of my ex....it will probably be a cold day in hell before he ever does anything to help me...he wouldn't even put our son on his insurance!  Is there a way to force them to sign it?  If not, that majorly sucks.  I understand the logic but geez...

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting devynsmommy09:

Thanks a lot!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts