Single Moms

Featured Posts
Ashanya
SPARE THE ROD SPOIL THE CHILD
by Ashanya
October 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM

MY BOYFRIEND AND I WERE JUST ON THE FONE TALKING AND MY SON DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO SLEEP...HE SAYS SPANK HIM!

Seriously though?! Granted I have given my son a pop on the hand every once in a while, but spank him because he won't go to sleep has got to be the most sorry excuse to control your child.

I do not believe in using a belt or ANY type of object to discipline my child. I've even been trying to control myself popping him. As an adult and educator myself, I think it is ridiculous for an adult to lose their composure and hit a child who is a thrid the size of you.

the thought of marrying him has so gone out the window...How is it okay to hit a child and "not hit a woman because women deserve respect"?<<<his words Children deserve respect too and if they respect their parents it wouldnt even get to that!

Replies

• Shaybay218
    October 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Amen sister...Preach!!!

Quoting Refurbished:

Many people believe that bible verse means a shepherd's rod.  In biblical times, shepherds would use the "rod" (think the thing Little Bow Peep holds) and used it to guide sheep.  The would use it to block the sheep from walking the wrong way, guide the herd towards water and food, and when a sheep would wander too far away, the shepherd used the hook at the end to grab the sheep by the neck and pull it back to the herd.  This analogy makes sense to me as far as parenting goes.  Our job as parents are to guide them to adulthood.  I don't think the bible literally means taking a rod and beating a child with it. 

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN