Single Moms

Featured Posts
rae021
do you leave your kids at daycare/ sitters...
by rae021
October 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Between work an school my dd is with sitter 6 days a week from 5 to 7 hours a day.... Ive done it alone since birth, no family help ... My question is do you think it's terrible parenting to send child to sitter just so you can have alone time? A co worker does it and I feel bad for her ds. I guess I'm just not at that point yet? I miss my dd terribly and feel guilty she is there to begin with....so ASAP I'm there to pick her up... I don't have any time without her and the rare occasion I did I worried dk much I didn't enjoy myself/left early.

Replies

• maggie268
    October 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I've tried but I don't enjoy myself when I'm away from him even though my mom is his only sitter LOL! When he does spend time with his dad, I'll use that time for me but other than that if I am not working, him and I are together doing something for him! =)  

• izzy43
    by izzy43
    October 3, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Maybe you can compromise. Take the morning off, enjoy your coffee and relax-pick her up after lunch and take her to the park. This will be relaxing for both of you.

• devynsmommy09
    October 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM

When I really need a break, I'll take a day off and send my son to daycare.  I usually take him late...go get my hair done or something then go home, take a nap, watch some trashy tv and pick him up early.

You would be amazed how powerful a few hours of "me time" can be.

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    October 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

If you pay for it and not doing it ALL the time, then I dont see anything wrong with it. We all need our breaks..

• Tyler0102
    October 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    I send my daughter(2 almost 3) to daycare mon-fri for 4hrs a day. I HATE leaving her everytime. I cant imagine sending her to daycare just so I can have a little "me" time. I dont think its bad for parents to do that. I just dont have the need or want to be away from my daughter.
  • lorra0
    by lorra0
    October 3, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I have a friend who is thousands of miles away from any family and her daughter's father is not in the picture at all. She has left her daughter at daycare when she has gotten out of work early and gone to get a haircut or run to the grocery store. I think it's fine. It is SO hard to take a small child to a hair appointment or to a quick in and out trip to the grocery store (that we all know is twice as long when you take a long the little ones). I don't think it's anyones place to judge another mother for ho she manages to keep her sanity hile doing this incredibly difficult thing of raising a child on your own. I love my daughter more than life, but every once in awhile, I need some time to regroup.

• mommy_jenn333
    October 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    My daughter is three and goes to a daycare/learning center so even though I have off all day in Wednesday she is at the daycare until after nap time. I believe its good to have that solid routine and not to mention the learning and time with other children her age.
  • AJFAsmom
    October 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I know this may be frowned upon but I send my son to daycare on my day offs for a couple reasons. For one reason, my sitter is being paid full time so I expect her to watch him full time but the main reason I send him is because he is such a hand full that it is difficult to get things done around the house or errands ran if he is with me. I do usually pick him up early and I make sure we have together time before he goes to school. So for the most part he is happy with the situation and I am very happy for the time to get things done.

• aus14
    by aus14
    October 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM
    Some times I do leave my ds at daycare to get a few thing finished but I also have to pay rather he is there or not. But I have been known to pick him up early. I'm also the parent who finds ways to volunteer for parties etc(I missed only 2 fun days this summer) when I can I fill in for my daycare provider when she needs someone if she has a dr apt or anything like that.
  • dutchmama2011
    October 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    Sorry I only leave my ds at daycare when I'm working I pick him up right after work and Friday I only work till noon and he can stay till 6 if I want but I pick him up as soon as I'm out of work I feel guilty enough bein away while I'm at work!!!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts