Single Moms

Featured Posts
Lovex23
i have a question about symphysis pubis dysfunction
by Lovex23
September 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys are experiencing this? This is my third pregnancy and with my first I had it so bad beginning at 16 weeks! During that time I believed it was normal and thought pregnancy should be this painful. At the time I was also unemployed so when pain flared up bad enough, I just rested a lot. It got so bad that I could no longer get out of bed unassisted and I would crawl to get to the bathroom. I never brought it up to my ob because, like I said I thought it was normal. In my second pregnancy I was actually fine for the most part till the end. This time I once again noticed this intense pain in my pelvic area and I've just been trying to push through it. I do work now full time and its a lot of moving and running around. I am 24 weeks and also chasing after my other two children. This pain has gotten to the point of embarrassing because when I'm in public I'm trying to hide my suffering but I know people can see it. There was one point at a friends birthday party I had to leave because it was to painful and while walking to my car I had to take the smallest baby steps and burst into tears. I've started talking to some other women who are pregnant and they can't relate. Even my mom said she never had this. When I had my regular check up I just saw a nurse practitioner. I asked her if she could take me off work but I said it was because of the pre term labor I had in my previous pregnancies. I was to embarrassed to start whining about this as I figured its normal. Anyways when she refused to take me off I just started telling her all about my pain and I was shaking because I was finally letting it all out. She told me that the pain is anything but normal and that I need to see the doctor. I'm scheduled next week but I'm so scared he wont take me off. I want to work I was on my feet the whole time with my last baby till I had him at 36 weeks. This time its just to painful and I honestly feel like pushing myself is making this all worse. I have yet to be diagnosed with spd but I have no doubt this is why I'm in pain. Do you guys think the doctor will take me off? Is there anything I can do to ease this pain?

Replies

• Teenmommy1119
    September 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    Bump! I'm actually interested in this!
  • amonkeymom
    September 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I'm so glad you'll be seeing the doctor, this pain you're having is definitely NOT something you should be experiencing.  I'm not sure if the doctor will have you taken off of work, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Keep us updated.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts