Single Moms

Featured Posts
GracelynJoysMom
school, dd, and work.
September 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Some of you may have seen my posts about starting school already...Well Im Taylor, Im 20, and dd Gracelyn is 14 months old.

I currently work at Radioshack and I have been working 30-35 hours a work but that will be slowing down because I start school October 8th.

I am VERY excited to start college again! I got accepted into Metro Business College for my Associates in Applied Science Medical Billing and Coding. The downside is classes are Monday-Thursday from 8am-2:40pm and I will work 4-9pm when I do work after school. So I won't have much time with dd. Thankfully my dad is unemployed and takes care of dd when I work and when I start school and the school is right down the street from his house so I can go see dd on my lunch break but its only for alittle bit.

How am I supposed to get through school and work and take care of dd without her feeling like mommy is here?...My daughter is my world and I am doing this so that she can have a good life and we can stop living paycheck to paycheck and get off government assistance (no bashing!)

I know that my dd is still young and when I graduate and get my career job she will be almost 3. But, I just dont want her to feel like mommy doesnt have time for her or something.

What should I do? Should I start school and continue working? I pick dd from my dads around 9:30pm when I work and we get home by 10pm and she goes to bed as soon as we get home . I just hate it that I am not going to have much time with her between work and school. Should I wait to go back to school until she is older? Or should I do it now when she is young?

Please HELP! 

Replies

• strongerwtime
    September 29, 2012 at 7:45 PM

You will be fine..and so will your daughter...you are doing right.  And thehardest part is already taken care of , your sitter arrangements...just thank dad every day and liek you said this is only for a period of time.  I suggest make a routine out of your breaks to visit her and see her..sit down and eat with her and talk...

My youngest (3 yr old girl) has some mommy separation anxiety (wants to be with me alot)...but my mom keeps her while I work that helps...and my mom helps reinforce that mommy will be home soon... she knows that mommy will be there to get her at "5:30"  ...its like a comfort to her. Somes days are better than others... but you are doing the right thing taking advantage of the opportunity NOW! No need to wait.

• GracelynJoysMom
    September 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    Thank you . Our schedule will be leave our house by 7am. Get to papa's by 7:30am. I have to be at school by 8am. Lunch is from 11:30am - noon and I will go see her then back to school till 2:40pm. On the days that I work I have to leave for work by 3:30pm and I get off at 9pm and to pick her up by 9:30pm and back home and bed by 10pm. Geez its going to be a lot!!!

Quoting strongerwtime:

You will be fine..and so will your daughter...you are doing right.  And thehardest part is already taken care of , your sitter arrangements...just thank dad every day and liek you said this is only for a period of time.  I suggest make a routine out of your breaks to visit her and see her..sit down and eat with her and talk...

My youngest (3 yr old girl) has some mommy separation anxiety (wants to be with me alot)...but my mom keeps her while I work that helps...and my mom helps reinforce that mommy will be home soon... she knows that mommy will be there to get her at "5:30"  ...its like a comfort to her. Somes days are better than others... but you are doing the right thing taking advantage of the opportunity NOW! No need to wait.

• katemarie97
    September 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    I know it sounds rough and it probably will be hard but be thankful you have your dad to help with daycare.I'm a single mom, active duty, and would love to go to school but I'm away from all family and cant afford the extra money for night care, especially when I already pay 400$ a month for daycare while I work.you'll figure it out and just remember its whats best for your daughter and you, you will have a better future
    Good luck momma..its not easy being a young single mom..I'm right there with ya!
  • mrsary
    by mrsary
    September 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    Me too. Counting down until my children are self sufficient so I can get more rest after these long active duty workdays!

Quoting katemarie97:

I know it sounds rough and it probably will be hard but be thankful you have your dad to help with daycare.I'm a single mom, active duty, and would love to go to school but I'm away from all family and cant afford the extra money for night care, especially when I already pay 400$ a month for daycare while I work.you'll figure it out and just remember its whats best for your daughter and you, you will have a better future

Good luck momma..its not easy being a young single mom..I'm right there with ya!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts