Single Moms

Featured Posts
Joashmom
baby father just told me
August 11, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Im so mad my baby father just told me he wasnt going to buy our baby anything. Like the crib and etc. so my plan was to keep all the receipts of everything i buy and bring it to court with me when i file child support. Can the court make him pay half for all the baby expenses? Another questions do i have to give my baby his last name in order to file for child support? Hes not going to sign the birth certificate as hes not going to be there when i give birth. Is that going to be a problem when i go file for child support?

Replies

• Angelicmom24
    August 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    No they won't make him pay half of baby expenses...and most states no they don't have to have fathers last name to get cs but be ready for DNA testing if he is trying to get out of paying anything he could try to play the I'm not the father card
  • lovethelake
    August 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

NOOOOO you do not have to give him his last name. I am in the same boat. Im sue next month. They won't make him pay for anything you have purchased :( 

• Andrewsmom70
    August 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    You can't get any reimbursement for anything like what you mentioned. You won't be eligible for anything until after the child is actually born.

• ms-superwoman
    August 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    This

Quoting Angelicmom24:

No they won't make him pay half of baby expenses...and most states no they don't have to have fathers last name to get cs but be ready for DNA testing if he is trying to get out of paying anything he could try to play the I'm not the father card
  • Armygirl2299703
    August 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM

U can give your baby ANY last name u want. You can file for child support no matter what name is given as well as him not being on the birth cert...they'll just have u do a paternity test. Save all your reciepts..they may help you in court showing he hasn't helped with anything, but the likelihood of a judge making him pay u for some of it or buy anything at all is pretty slim. They'll tell u to use the child support to buy things.

Best of luck and congrats mama!

• StephMarie_Mom
    August 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    I was active duty when I had my daughter, I was stationed in Mississippi at the time when I gave birth and the father was not present. At the time (2008) it was against the law to put down the father's name if he was not present or give the child his last name for the same reason. As a result, my daughter has my last name which is fine by me!

Also, as far as childsupport goes, they will ask him to verify paternity. Once he denies it, they will require he take a paternity test. Once it comes back positive, they will legally force him to pay for the test! Lmfao so the joke is on him!

As other's mention, they most likely won't make him pay for the baby items. However, keep the reciepts as proof of providing for the kid by yourself.

Also, petition for custody at the same time of filing for child support. It will save you time and effort to do both at the same time. If he's being a douche and you don't trust him or there's domestic issues, file for both legal and physical custody with supervised visitation with a court appointed professional and that he (the father) pay for those visits via the court. If you do not request that he pay for those visits, they require you to pay. Typically those kinds of visits are paid/billed based on income. So if you make more than he does, you'll end up paying more than him for visitation.
  • Tashia07
    August 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

No it isn't a problem.  However, if he is not going to sign the birth certificate or be present at the birth, why would you expect him to do anything for the baby?  Why are you expecting him to provide half of anything?

• Alex5901
    August 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    If my sons father files for paternity, I was told I would get served something and that I have an option to sign and acknowledge it, or to refuse and ask for dna test. Would I be responsible for paying for it if I do that?

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

I was active duty when I had my daughter, I was stationed in Mississippi at the time when I gave birth and the father was not present. At the time (2008) it was against the law to put down the father's name if he was not present or give the child his last name for the same reason. As a result, my daughter has my last name which is fine by me!

Also, as far as childsupport goes, they will ask him to verify paternity. Once he denies it, they will require he take a paternity test. Once it comes back positive, they will legally force him to pay for the test! Lmfao so the joke is on him!

As other's mention, they most likely won't make him pay for the baby items. However, keep the reciepts as proof of providing for the kid by yourself.

Also, petition for custody at the same time of filing for child support. It will save you time and effort to do both at the same time. If he's being a douche and you don't trust him or there's domestic issues, file for both legal and physical custody with supervised visitation with a court appointed professional and that he (the father) pay for those visits via the court. If you do not request that he pay for those visits, they require you to pay. Typically those kinds of visits are paid/billed based on income. So if you make more than he does, you'll end up paying more than him for visitation.

• StephMarie_Mom
    August 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    Yes, if you're denying paternity. If you've already acknowledged that he is the father you do not pay. The only time a mother is obligated to pay for a dna test is when she's denying paternity of the father and it comes back positive. At least that's how I understand it works. I never denied paternity, so when my daughter's bio father questioned it I was morally offended as I never slept around like that. But I laughed because I know he's having to pay the state something like 500 or more bucks for his denial!

Quoting Alex5901:

If my sons father files for paternity, I was told I would get served something and that I have an option to sign and acknowledge it, or to refuse and ask for dna test. Would I be responsible for paying for it if I do that?

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

• Mommyto2LilMen
    August 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    I agree. Good luck to you him.

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN