Single Moms

Featured Posts
Amylou62
Ok Single Moms...How do you meet men??
April 27, 2007 at 5:30 PM
I'm 30.  I'm pretty good looking.  I have a full-time job.  I also have a 2 year old.  I feel horrible leaving him after he's been in daycare for 9 hours...all my friends are married...internet dating has proven to bring out the freaks...HOW DO I MEET SOMEONE????  Any awesome ideas????

-Amy

Replies

• faerie75
    April 27, 2007 at 5:37 PM
    haha! not really! there arent too many good ones out there! usually when they are our age, there is a "reason" why they are single. well i guess they could say the same about us. ha!

im 31 and consider myself pretty good looking too but all guys want nowadays is to get a piece and get on. it sux! the younger girls are quite fine with this. NOT ALL YOUNGER GIRLS my friends but alot of the ones here in san jose are trying to adopt that persona that they are "players" like the guys. im not of that generation i guess.

i have met guys walkig down the street, on myspace, at the club (yes i know not optimal) but the best way i woud say is getting a hobby and meeting them that way. i myself am trying to learn to ride a motorcycle but that might not be for you.

if any of your married friends play cards or bunko or anything tell them to invite their hubby's single friends from work. or their bros. maybe that will work? i havent tried that one but it sounds good.
  • jrzygrl15
    April 27, 2007 at 10:50 PM
    Not to sound redundant but let me know when you find out, it is friday night and I'm home alone again. I would suggest going out after the baby goes to sleep if you have a babysitter. On Oprah today they said you can meet men in Home Depot, on the golf range, At the grocery store. Try and let me know if it works.
  • JessCFT23
    May 5, 2007 at 11:26 PM
    Maybe you can find someplace to take your son that will allow you two some time together but you might also find a single dad if you keep your eyes open. 

I don't go to church or anything but I have heard of some success with church groups for singles.  The gym is also a good place to meet guys if you are the type that doesnt feel subconcious while you are working out.  Just pretend like you need some help with your form on a particular exercise and introduce yourself and get to know some new people that way.
  • seoulflower
    May 7, 2007 at 2:34 PM
    hi,
    i'm in the same boat....
    once u find out...
    pls share.....

especially with asians it's really hard, my hope is that when she is older it won't be an issue with men and i can go have fun again....
    but also i want to focus on her and not be distracted by dating/men either like some women....

i guess u have to be upfront in the beginning that your a mom first...

peace & blessings,
    seoulflower
  • tinyzgirl
    May 7, 2007 at 5:36 PM
    I met my fiance on singleparentmeet.com   I loved that site and I met tons of great people.  Sure there are wackos there but there are wackos everywhere...you just have to weed them out.  I also found some cool guys on match.com and are still friends with them.  I stayed with the sites that you have to pay for...the selection was a little better...LOL
  • krmh32
    by krmh32
    May 8, 2007 at 8:14 PM
    I am a single mom with 3 kids ( 11/9/6) and it is hard.... i know people who have met others on match.com but i have not been so lucky. It is hard when you are a single mom.... my ex lives in another state so it all comes back to me for raising the kids....
    I will be watching this post to see what other ideas people come up with .... LOL
  • jrzygrl15
    May 8, 2007 at 10:09 PM
    I wish I knew I have been out here for almost 2 years in June and I have not met anyone worthwhile yet. But neither has my ex can you believe ocassionally he askes me how its going and I ask him. How dumb is that but it just goes to show guys have some of the same issues.
  • seoulflower
    May 9, 2007 at 4:31 AM
    so your saying that guys feel just as vulnerable as us? i feel like they have the upper hand, but maybe not-no?
  • MamaJo85
    May 10, 2007 at 8:51 AM
    I'm a new single mom!  But I was single for about 90% of my pregnancy also...  I'm still in the phase of "Oh... Nice to look at... But why bother?"  But I know one day... I will want to start dating again... And I'm already intimidated!  The way I see it now... Is I want to spend as much time with Bug as I can... And she seriously goes EVERYWHERE with me right now... movies... restaurants... I don't go clubbing... and I don't drink... or smoke...

And to make it harder for myself... I want to try and find someone of the same religion... And that's next to impossible... since most of the men in my Church are married or on a mission!

So when you figure out how to find a decent man (regardless of religion!) let me know!  I don't want to be burned again like Bug's sperm donor burned me.

• Marcia01
    May 16, 2007 at 7:10 PM
    Im 45 and a widow,  I am not the bar type of person,  I was watching oprah and heard some suggestions on where to meet men were - at a driving range or golf course,  ask someone for help; at a farmers market, ask the man what his favorite dish to make is; some place like Lowes or hardware store, find a guy you think is single (no ring)(customer) and ask him for help with something or advice.  Smile at guys as you are walking down the street. 
    Personally, I have not tried any of these but I do like the golf idea, if they are golfing they must have some $$$.LOL  Why does it seem so hard at our age?  I think our expectations are a whole lot higher than they were when we were young and naive.  We have kids to look out for and think about before we get ourselves into a relationship.  Everyone gets hurt in a split up, I for one am not willing to let my kids go thru another loss.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts