Single Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
Child Support 101
December 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
  • Visitation when not receiving child support
  • Receiving child support while on public assistance
  • Employer withholding of child support
  • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

Replies

• Cafe AmyS
    May 18 at 10:12 AM

Good luck!  It's hard when you can't prove income.

Quoting ChristinaBianca: Well, I'm trying to get CS this week I'm going to put in my application. My sons father gets paid under the table. So I'm not sure how I would get anything from him. He has not helped out at all.

• ChristinaBianca
    May 18 at 1:42 PM
    Thank you. ;) I'll get it!

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Good luck!  It's hard when you can't prove income.

Quoting ChristinaBianca: Well, I'm trying to get CS this week I'm going to put in my application. My sons father gets paid under the table. So I'm not sure how I would get anything from him. He has not helped out at all.

• ZombieMommy2014
    May 20 at 11:55 AM

i'm 30 weeks pregnant and my childs father does not want to pay child support, but requested that he have 50/50 custody with me. I'm ok with split custody, I want him to be a part of her life, but I am also struggling financially and have to rely on my family while I'm on maternity leave. He said that he's going to use that against me if I fight him on custody. Is there anything I can do?? I'm very stressed out about this.

• Cafe AmyS
    May 21 at 11:40 AM

He can try to use that against you, but I doubt he'll get very far with it.  

If you're struggling financially and want to provide your daughter the same type of upbringing at your home as she will get with her father on his parenting time, chances are you will be entitled to receive child support.

Quoting ZombieMommy2014:

i'm 30 weeks pregnant and my childs father does not want to pay child support, but requested that he have 50/50 custody with me. I'm ok with split custody, I want him to be a part of her life, but I am also struggling financially and have to rely on my family while I'm on maternity leave. He said that he's going to use that against me if I fight him on custody. Is there anything I can do?? I'm very stressed out about this.

• kimberlylewis95
    June 19 at 11:23 PM
    My situation is that I am currently waiting to receive a summons for a hearing after my babys dad finally took his paternity test. My daughter is 3 months old (probably 4 months by the time we have a hearing) and I have yet been able to get even 1 penny from him or any assistance with buying diapers, wipes, clothes, toys, ect... My bf and I (along with some help from my own parents have supplied everything these first few months and when I try to ask him any questions regarding help or if he would want visitation he tells me he won't even discuss it until she knows he is hers. I need to know how to go about trying to get child support backdated to her birth? He knows that there was at least a possibility of her being his and has not made an attempt to help me support her. Do I bring it up at this first hearing or do I schedule a different kind of hearing?
  • Cafe AmyS
    June 20 at 9:30 AM

Hi!

Are you working with an attorney?  If so talk to him/her about the situation, but generally, yes, I'd bring up the topic of child support.

Quoting kimberlylewis95: My situation is that I am currently waiting to receive a summons for a hearing after my babys dad finally took his paternity test. My daughter is 3 months old (probably 4 months by the time we have a hearing) and I have yet been able to get even 1 penny from him or any assistance with buying diapers, wipes, clothes, toys, ect... My bf and I (along with some help from my own parents have supplied everything these first few months and when I try to ask him any questions regarding help or if he would want visitation he tells me he won't even discuss it until she knows he is hers. I need to know how to go about trying to get child support backdated to her birth? He knows that there was at least a possibility of her being his and has not made an attempt to help me support her. Do I bring it up at this first hearing or do I schedule a different kind of hearing?

• ladybugmom2010
    Joy
    June 23 at 7:16 PM

Anyone was suppose to receive their ex's income tax refund but have not received it? He keeps telling me that I am suppose to receive over a hundred but I have yet to receive anything for my daughter.

• Cafe AmyS
    June 23 at 8:47 PM

Have you contacted child support enforcement to see if they received it?

Quoting ladybugmom2010:

Anyone was suppose to receive their ex's income tax refund but have not received it? He keeps telling me that I am suppose to receive over a hundred but I have yet to receive anything for my daughter.

• ladybugmom2010
    Joy
    June 25 at 6:16 PM

Yes, they said they do not see anything.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and personal stories on child support.  

Here are some tips from moms in this group:

• Creating a child support schedule without involving the court
    • Visitation when not receiving child support
    • Receiving child support while on public assistance
    • Employer withholding of child support
    • Collecting past due support payments

fingers crossed

For more help:

Click here to see what Single Moms are discussing on the group today:Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

Please share your best advice for those facing child support issues below!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts