Single Moms

AvasMommy081007
What to do???
October 15, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Just wondering on everyones opinion.....  do you think its worth the fight to have the father involved if hes so hot and cold on the subject??  One minute he wants to see my daughter, who is 9 weeks old, the next he's talking paternity tests, terminating his rights etc!!  We were at court today for the 2nd time and I had to bring my daughter cause she hasnt started daycare and he wouldnt even look at her, hes never come to see her, and had the balls to say that his reasoning for wanting to terminate his rights is because its taking away money from his son!!!!!!!!!!!! ( from a different woman, he's 4)  What about his daughter!?!?!  AAAAAAHHHHHHHH  I just get so frustrated!!!!

Replies

• dizzymortal
    October 16, 2007 at 12:26 AM
    Personally, no. I dont think it is worth the fight. Even if he does come around sometimes, it may not even be in her best interest. If he is hurting you this much, think how badly it will hurt her when she gets old enough. I would say just let him do his own thing and spend your energy on giving that little darling all the love you can. She will need it. He will either come around or not, but dont let him play games with her.
  • Pinkyj24
    October 16, 2007 at 12:29 AM
    i wouldnt fight it, i regret fighting with my ex because before the court order he saw him maybe once a wk for an hour, now he sees him (not much longer) but for 2 days a wk, for 3 hours and i just wish i never did it now..
  • AvasMommy081007
    October 16, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Quoting dizzymortal:

Personally, no. I dont think it is worth the fight. Even if he does come around sometimes, it may not even be in her best interest. If he is hurting you this much, think how badly it will hurt her when she gets old enough. I would say just let him do his own thing and spend your energy on giving that little darling all the love you can. She will need it. He will either come around or not, but dont let him play games with her.
    Yeah thats been my main thought that I dont want her to be hurt in the long run....  I just am so emotional about it..... but today was kinda the icing on the cake for me!

Single Moms