The CafeMom Newcomers Club

LisaLoPerez
Does Anyone Know of Any Essure Procedure Law Suits
October 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Does anyone know of any Essure lawsuits or recalls?  I had this procedure done in July 2009 and I have been having every problem that could happen.  The messed up thing about it is that I was kind of forced or manipulated into doing this by my doctor.  Someone please help.

Replies

• CoastieWifePR
    October 7, 2009 at 10:49 PM

your doctor forced birth control on you?  right.  Sorry you're having problems with it but I really cant see how a doctor was going to force that on you...

• chair.r13
    October 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM

How on earth were u manipulated?

• rockinmama07
    October 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Quoting chair.r13:

How on earth were u manipulated?

That's what I was wondering...

• SusanD
    by SusanD
    October 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM

How did the doctor "force" this procedure on you? Did you sign an informed consent form?

• RorysMom119
    October 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Isn't that the permanent BC? Wow, it sucks that your doc pushed it on you (which is VERY plausible!)! I haven't heard of any yet, but it is still relatively new. More than likely in a few months there will be. Have you done any web searches for any related lawsuits? I would also check with the FDA, I think they keep track of complaints? Best of luck hon! Sorry to hear that!!!

• samthecat001
    October 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM

nothing is FORCED on you.  you have the right to say no and go research yourself.. in fact its YOUR DUTY to be an informed patient.  you wouldn't just take meds without knowing what they did, what the side effects are, what the issues have been with them......would you?????

• adulation
    October 7, 2009 at 11:04 PM

you mean you're regretting it now and you want to sue?

i haven't heard of any lawsuits or recalls,  but i have read some personal stories from women who got it done and said that the first 3-4 months are kind of hard because there's a lot of cramping and some spotting.

• SnoBuny
    by SnoBuny
    October 7, 2009 at 11:07 PM

You have to sign papers before the procedure.... did you not sign any?

• ff-princess
    October 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM

god forbid anyone take any kind of personal responsibility for their actions.  who can we sue?

• LisaLoPerez
    October 7, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Well if you must know the whole story in June 2009 I was 5 months pregnant with my fourth child and I was at my regular doctor visit I was told that my baby had no heartbeat.  At that point what the doctor was saying I didn't get 100% of what he said.  After all a big bomb had just been dropped on me.  I remember him telling me about showing up to the hospital the next day for inducement .  I also remember him suggesting a birth control procedure I just remember him saying something about seven years, non invasive and that I had to get this done because he suggested no more kids because of complications with pregnancy.  However I received a call a month later telling me that they had procedure scheduled this was keep in mind a month later I had just buried my son and was still traumatized , in shock and depressed.  My husband takes the day off of work to go with me, they don't let him in the room with me. However, I am taken into the room where the nurse gives me a pain shot to help cope with any possible pain.  After the shot I asked her wait "aren't you supposed to make sure that I'm not pregnant "?  She said oh yes so she gives me a cup to give here a urine specimen, then I return to the room where by this time I am groggy she presents me with a paper which needs my signature so I sign lords know what!  Anyway, she takes me into the room where procedure will be done the dr, 2 nurses and a rep from Essure are present.  The doctor asks me when my legs are up on stirrups "are you ready to not have anymore children"? I tell him "not for seven years" , he said" what do you mean seven years you will not be able to have anymore children", again keep in mind I have been given a pain shot and am not in the right state of mind.  So that should have been a red flag to at least the Dr or the rep from Essure to either not perform procedure because obviously I didn't know what I was getting into or they could have gone to waiting room to ask my husband if we knew what we were getting into.  Now my husband and I are having problems because he wants another child and I can't give it to him he feels that he should have had some say in this permanent, irreversible procedure which it took all this for us to find out that there is nothing that we could do to change this.  So that is why I feel that my doctor forced me or manipulated me into having this done.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN