The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
dvswyf
do u know this about swine flu
by dvswyf
October 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM

i know e1 is probably tired of hear about this but i thought it was a different one. how many ppl know that this is not the first time the swine flu has hit the U.S. it hit bk in the 70's roughly about 1976 just thought it was interesting since all my news wants to talk about is the swine flu 

Replies

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    October 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Yep I knew that. I also find it funny how everyone is pushing for this vax, but its only being released in limited quantities, and the price is still going up. Hmmm... makes ya think a little bit.

• ms-vero
    by ms-vero
    October 6, 2009 at 11:23 PM

It's not the swine flu it's H1N1. It is more than just the swine flu it is swine, bird ard regular flu put together making a new strain of flu.

• megarooniduh
    October 6, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Did you know that more people die yearly from the regular flu than the h1n1?

• sllytnkrbl
    October 6, 2009 at 11:31 PM

My issue with the swine flu is that it's all being blown out of proportion I think.   I just read that right now there have been about 450 cases of the swine flu that have been fatal but in an average year 36,000 die from the seasonal flu.   Those cases that are fatal have mostly been people with underlying problems (heart, immune system).   Why does the media have this need to get us all riled up.  As long as you take precautions (washing hands, covering coughs) there is no reason to assume it'll be any worse than any other flu season except you have an extra option this year.   

On a side note if it is available I do plan on my children getting the vaccine only because I care for my father who has a heart condition and is in the high risk area for either flu and I was asked by his doctor to have everyone who spends time with him vaccinated. 

• Kays_Mama06
    October 6, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Quoting RheaF:

Yep I knew that. I also find it funny how everyone is pushing for this vax, but its only being released in limited quantities, and the price is still going up. Hmmm... makes ya think a little bit.

Pharmaceutical companies gota keep making that money! lol..

• Ange0807
    October 6, 2009 at 11:34 PM

i heard the same thing. i think it is getting blown outta proportion. it is all a conspiracy lol jk i think

• Kays_Mama06
    October 6, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

My issue with the swine flu is that it's all being blown out of proportion I think.   I just read that right now there have been about 450 cases of the swine flu that have been fatal but in an average year 36,000 die from the seasonal flu.   Those cases that are fatal have mostly been people with underlying problems (heart, immune system).   Why does the media have this need to get us all riled up.  As long as you take precautions (washing hands, covering coughs) there is no reason to assume it'll be any worse than any other flu season except you have an extra option this year.   

Its a form of controlling the masses. Chaos and madness will cause people to do what their lovely govt tells them to do.. Well a nice size amount of them anyway.

• gypsydancer7
    October 6, 2009 at 11:39 PM

AlI need to know is this....and I figured it out all by myself using my noodle..................................................

ITS THE FLU!!!!!!!! Its just ANOTHER FLU!!!!!!! Its not scarlett fever or black death btw.......ITS A FLU

So sick of hearing people freaking out...running out to get an untested vaccine (which btw in the 70s....more people died from the UNTESTED vaccine). Most people are proving to be pretty smart though...they are not getting the vaccine (unless they have compromised immune systems...and NO im not talking about pregnancy)

Wash your hands...its a flu

• Ange0807
    October 6, 2009 at 11:44 PM

its corrupt in ways!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

Its a form of controlling the masses. Chaos and madness will cause people to do what their lovely govt tells them to do.. Well a nice size amount of them anyway.

• Kays_Mama06
    October 6, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Our govt? Corrupt is an understatement.. The corruption runs so deep and people have NO clue.. They don't want to open their minds to the possibilities that they are being taken for a ride. Not much you can do about that. I don't speak about this kinda stuff because it goes in one ear and out the other.

Quoting Ange0807:

its corrupt in ways!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN