The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Mom2LiamNMolly
Naptime is all over the place. Help!
April 8, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Liam has stopped napping on any sort of schedule. Every day we go visit DH around 11pm and come home around 12pm. I would put him straight down and he would nap for 1.5-2 hours. This was EVERY day. Now, sometimes he naps on the way to visit DH and then won't go back down or like today... I put him down and he just would NOT go to sleep. So that means he will nap around 3pm and then won't go down to bed at 8pm because he is not tired.

Should I just put him down at 12pm and let him CIO? Make him stick to the schedule??? But then I feel bad because how can I make him sleep if he is not tired???

Replies

• Mom2LiamNMolly
    April 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM

*Bump*

Anyone have any ideas?

• bethandbabies26
    April 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Did you recently do something to disrupt the schedule...like something you don't do on a day to day basis? My kids are 2 1/2 and 17 months and usually on Mondays they put up a fight at nap time and I think it's because on weekends we nap whenever we're not busy...but I let both of them cry it out which is usually only 10 minutes before they zonk out for the normal 2 hours...we do it from 11-1, like clockwork Mon-Fri! If my kids don't lay down during the day, they are monsters by the time daddy gets home!

• Mailaknee
    April 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Since he is falling asleep during your car ride maybe try putting him down before you go to see your Husband. How many naps does he usually take during the day? What time does he usually wake up and go to sleep at night? Can you move the time around when you go see DH?

• snoopy21276
    April 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM

i remember those days.. my kids are 15 months apart and totaly get the importance of naps! I say stick to the routine established... even if he just has quiet time it is a benefit for both you and him... idk what time does he wake up?? At that age my kids were down around 7 and up around 6 the next morning.. and nap around 12:30 if i remember correctly, See if he needs a slow adjustment in his night routine.. good luck!

• beth1102
    April 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM

i always make my daughter lay down at the same time every day for queit time. if she falls asleep then she sleeps, if not, then when her movie is done, she can come out of her room. it might not work as well for you son so i dont know if this helps you any or not. she is 4 and her quiet time is at 2 every day. she has a long day playing at school that she needs some time to relax after wards. and i wait until after lunch.

• rphmommy08
    April 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM

my lo just got back on a schedule for naps. he had been taking them regularly and about 3 months ago i dont know why but he just wouldnt do it anymore. so he had been falling asleep during the day here and there and no set time and would not take a regular nap. he wouldnt cry him self to sleep so i just let him sleep whenever he could. CIO wouldnt work. everyone told me to keep trying. well 2 weeks ago i decided that i would keep trying and harder. it took two weeks of crying him self to sleep for naptime in the am and pm and finally this week it worked. i mean he would cry for an hour or so each time(yes i would check on him and make sure he was ok and didnt need anything). It FINALLY has worked. now he cries for about 5 minutes and is out. I feel so relieved to have him back on a schedule for naps. i love having him take his am and pm naps at the same time everyday. now we just have to work on the nightime again. ughhh

i know you feel bad letting him cry, believe me. everyone told me in a few days it would work and it was months for me. but it did work. and he knows it now. i put him to sleep everyday at the same time and i do the same routine so he knows whats up.

• CC.Carter
    April 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM

My daughter nap time is at noon daily. Sometimes she doesn't want to go to sleep. She will play, cry, or run away from me (lol) so I just don't put her to sleep I just let her stay up. I also don't allow her to take a nap at any other time of the day. I'll play with her, and try anything I can to keep her up, so when bed time comes she's very tired a falls straight to sleep.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts