The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
carolina_gal
Do you let your kids eat or drink in the car?
August 12 at 4:43 PM

Just curious.  We let DS drink if it's water.  No juices or anything that stains.

Food is off limits. Yes, we have a fairly new car. LOL Maybe after the newness wears off we'll change our minds.

Replies

• liveforever
    August 12 at 4:46 PM
    My car is not new and I have rules about eating and drinking.

Dd is 8 and more careful, but I still limit it to water or things like goldfish. But she can't bite the heads off...the whole cracker has to go in at once lol.

Friends tell me I'm strict, but then ask how I keep my car so clean.
  • Laura1427
    August 12 at 4:48 PM

Only water and only if necessary. That is a bad habit that I do not want to start.

• lenashark
    August 12 at 4:48 PM

No, they can have water and thats it. Same rule inside the house unless they are in the kitchen or dining room.

• carolina_gal
    August 12 at 4:51 PM

LOL  With our old car we were the same on goldfish. No nibbling! Pop that sucker in.

Quoting liveforever: My car is not new and I have rules about eating and drinking. Dd is 8 and more careful, but I still limit it to water or things like goldfish. But she can't bite the heads off...the whole cracker has to go in at once lol. Friends tell me I'm strict, but then ask how I keep my car so clean.

• my2kidsmom9498
    August 12 at 6:06 PM

ALways have, never had an issues.  Of course, we would take road trips that would be hundreds of miles.

• OrangeDreamPop
    August 12 at 7:26 PM

I take a small snack and drink for them for after the gym. I usually stay for about an hour and a half and they are always a little hungry after all that running around and playing. I just vacumme up crumbs with my hand held vac, and the one time there was a small spill a washcloth got it out in a second

• Mamatobe15
    August 12 at 9:26 PM

She is allowed to eat pretzels and stuff but nothing messy. 

• auntangelofsix
    August 12 at 10:01 PM
    Yes but we try not to make a mess and if we do we clean it up..its hubbys truck thought I do not have a license and do not drive.
  • diaperstodating
    August 12 at 10:06 PM
    Always have, never had any issues.
  • freetime
    August 12 at 10:06 PM

I allow it.  Half the time they need to eat while we're on the go.  Sometimes, they're eating a waffle on the way to school or a sandwich on the way to soccer practice.  They're always hungry and we're always going somewhere!  I don't worry too much about the car.  Every once in a while I take it to the car wash and they vacuum it.  We've never had bugs and my kids don't make that much of a mess.  Never anything sticky.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts