The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Lvlyskittles
She always has to compete w/ me
June 3 at 5:44 PM

Since I came out with my pregnancy my friend came out with her pregnancy & I was excited bout it. But now she just wants all the attention on her. Every time I post something about my pregnancy, 2.5 seconds later she has to post something too. Like today for instance I posted about my baby shower & all of a sudden she decides to post bout her having one. I wouldnt be surprised if she has it on the same day as me. Idk It just bugs me how she always has to compete with me. Its really childish. Its like she wants what I have eh idk. Just venting away

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    June 3 at 5:52 PM

stay off FB !

• ThisLife16309
    June 3 at 5:56 PM

Ignore it do not let it show if its getting to you.Some people can not share the spot light its hows more about them when they seem to post after you I am sure people have noticed.

• Mrs.Brugger
    June 3 at 6:02 PM

hah when scheduling my induction for my daughter, I asked for the 13 of that month so I would still be "safe" if the induction took a long time and the baby didn't come until the 14. As long as my baby wasn't born on the 15, that was my big thing. I have a friend who's son's bday is the 15 of that month and I KNEW that if my DD was born on his bday it would be the biggest freakin deal ever. It would never end. lol. 

Sometimes you just have to duck your head to avoid the smoke.

• Peaceful.chaos
    June 3 at 6:03 PM
    Sounds like you're the one keeping score.
  • dtb-mommy
    June 3 at 6:04 PM

Maybe she doesn't even realize she is doing that? Not trying to be mean by saying this but it could be all in your head and she is just so happening to post after you by coincidence.

• Nanna1988
    June 3 at 7:36 PM
    Don't let it get to you hun. My sister and cousin are prego and my aunt is flipping out cause the attention isn't all on her daughter anymore (its actually really funny). Just brush it off.
  • Purplelady66
    June 4 at 10:09 AM

I had a friend  like that ,and found out she was never my friend. It's sad and annoying ,but true and mature friends are goin to gravitate on improving the relationship ,not breaking the foundation of what friendship should be about. I

• xWonderWomanx
    June 4 at 5:11 PM

She may not realize that she's doing that, and she may not view it as competition, just that your post about a baby shower reminded her of her own and so forth. If it really bothers you, set custom controls on your FB posts to block her from seeing baby-related things that you don't want her to "copy."

• Hottmomma607
    June 4 at 5:37 PM
    This! Maybe you is a reminder for her to post?

Quoting xWonderWomanx:

She may not realize that she's doing that, and she may not view it as competition, just that your post about a baby shower reminded her of her own and so forth. If it really bothers you, set custom controls on your FB posts to block her from seeing baby-related things that you don't want her to "copy."

• xWonderWomanx
    June 5 at 3:57 PM

Yeah, I say that because a friend of mine was doing this to me about weight loss efforts. I was a little irritated at first, but not majorly so, and then one day we were face to face and she said, "Every time you post about weight, it reminds me to check on my own progress. It's so helpful to see what you're doing and it keeps me on track, too!" So I think sometimes they're not really trying to copy so much as what you're saying is reminding them of something similar.

Quoting Hottmomma607: This! Maybe you is a reminder for her to post?
    Quoting xWonderWomanx:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts