The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Bride Straps Newborn to Wedding Gown Train & Drags Her Down the Aisle?!
June 2 at 3:57 PM

Bride Straps Newborn to Wedding Gown Train & Drags Her Down the Aisle (PHOTO)

by Maressa Brown

Wedding bouquet on the floorJust when you think you've seen it all, and human behavior couldn't possibly break your heart any further, here comes a bride ... with her baby attached to the train of her dress. Yes, you read that right.

Shonda Carter-Brooks got married in Tennessee this weekend, and in photos of the Big Day, her 1-month-old daughter Aubrey appears in the train of her White by Vera Wang for David's Bridal wedding dress, which was reportedly altered with a "custom baby attachment." Of course, the image has gone viral -- mostly because people just can't believe their eyes. On what planet is doing something like this remotely okay?

Check out the image she posted to Facebook ...

In response to the utter shock and dismay her ludicrous actions spawned, Carter-Brooks took to Facebook (again) to defend herself, stating that the baby was "awake" and "well-secured" to the train. She elaborated:

The answer is we do what we want when we want as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine. So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!

Eeek. As unique as some people's parenting -- or heck, bridal! -- styles may be, there's no argument that certain actions are just plain inappropriate. Seems safe to say that the majority of society agrees that babies are human beings, never to be used as accessories. Sure, infants are beautiful, adorable, lovely to look at, and tiny, too, but that doesn't make them primed to be used as decor! Furthermore, you can put your baby "on display" at a special event like this in a way that doesn't relegate the child to the same category as a flower, a button, or a sash!

Carter-Brooks could have easily carried her baby down the aisle, pushed her in a stroller, or placed her in a bassinet at the altar. There were so many alternatives to dragging her in the train like an object, but no ... What's even more horrifying is that she seems hell-bent on arguing that what she did was perfectly safe and respectable. The absolute outcry in response seems to prove otherwise.

What's your reaction to this mom's move?

Image via _dchris/Flickr & Mrs.Brooks2013/Facebook

Replies

• BoganMamaof2
    June 2 at 4:08 PM

I actually just saw this on the news a few minutes ago. I cant believe she did that. I dont think its safe and I hope she doesnt do anything else worse than this. 

• mshannahk1983
    June 2 at 4:26 PM
    Not to be judgemental when I talk about this but...I don't understand where she would see that the baby is perfectly secure and safe. That is just plain horrible! She could have had another way (or ways) of including her baby in the wedding that would have been safer. Her comment back to everyone on Facebook still doesn't help the fact that it wasn't right to drag her baby on her train. Also the fact that the train was behind her, someone could have easily snatched her baby girl and she would have probably never even noticed it! Shame, Shame, Shame...
  • irishstarz
    June 2 at 4:31 PM
    She's off her rocker! What the hell possessed her to do such an asinine thing?
  • Bonita131
    June 2 at 4:41 PM

This was posted yesterday and no matter how many times I've looked at it, I can't help but think this mother is off her rocker and CPS needs to step in asap so the infant can be removed before she is seriously hurt.  Sorry but if the mother can actually drag her infant down the isle like she was a sack of discarded potatoes, and make it public for all to see, god knows how roughly she'll handle the poor child when no one is looking.

• Madirjade
    June 2 at 7:58 PM
    I can understand her desire of creating a unique moment in her wedding, I can even give her credit for "originality" but...damn...what a successful failure!!! No human being should be "dragged" on the floor like a broom, that's just not humanly right! We are not suppose to judge others but this image makes it extremely difficult not to. I hope she stays married, because the tought of her getting remarried and doing some other crazy stuff to her children, horrifies me!!
  • Hottmomma607
    June 3 at 12:46 PM

Saw it yesterday! Dumb,dumb and more dumb!

• Sjwool
    by Sjwool
    June 3 at 7:03 PM
    Can someone get her a baby bjorn?
  • elasmimi
    June 3 at 7:19 PM

And of course it had to be in my home state. Please don't think we are all like that!

• mommy_me13
    June 3 at 10:20 PM
    Who in the hell told her this was okay !! I understand we do what we want but some stuff is just plain inappropriate especially when it comes to the kids !! Why not just hold the baby down the aisle this crazy woman is dragging the baby down the aisle instead where did she come up with this crazy idea at cause she is clearly insane
  • ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    June 3 at 10:30 PM
    Definitely strange...

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts