It is illegal to serve alcohol to a moose in Fairbanks, Alaska. why does that even need to be a law....who would even try that?
I am a bit of a collector of useless trivia... who has some tidbits for me?
It is illegal to commit adultery in the state of wisconsin (a class I felony). However, only 2 people have ever been tried for it - they were a husband and wife who were both trying to get each other charged for cheating. The judge charged them both to teach a lesson. (This was several decades ago but the law still exists)
May 12, 2014 at 3:11 AM
thanks that is a fun tidbit
Quoting Nyk1187: It is illegal to commit adultery in the state of wisconsin (a class I felony). However, only 2 people have ever been tried for it - they were a husband and wife who were both trying to get each other charged for cheating. The judge charged them both to teach a lesson. (This was several decades ago but the law still exists)
Dumb laws for pa:It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.Motorized vehicles are not to be sold on Sundays.It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.You may not catch a fish with your hands.Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, andcontinue.You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.You may not sing in the bathtub.Though you do not need a fishing license to fish on your own land, but a hunting license is required to hunt on your own land.Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents.A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.Ministers are forbidden from performing marriages when either the bride or groom is drunk.No more than two packages of beer at a time may be purchased, unless you are buying from an official “beer distributor”.It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow (busted)
- A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.
- A shrimp's heart is in it's head.
- People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze,your heart stops for a mili-second.
- In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit. (busted?)
- More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
- Rats and horses can't vomit.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
- You breathe on average about 5 million times a year.
- Months that begin on a Sunday always have a Friday the 13th in them.
- You are born with 300 bones, by the time you are an adult you will have 206.
- The average lead pencil will write a line about 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.
- One fourth of the bones in your body are in your feet.
- The average person spends 2 weeks of their lifetime waiting for the light to change from red to green.
- It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it.
- The present population is expected to rise to 15 Billion by the year 2080.
- The largest recorded snowflake was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick.
- The tip of a bullwhip moves so fast that the sound it makes is actually a tiny sonic boom.
- Native Americans used to name their children after the first thing they saw as they left their tepees after their children were born, hence the names Sitting Bull and Running Water.
- The Matami Tribe of West Africa play their own version of football, instead of a normal football they use a human skull.
- Coca-Cola would be green if the food colorant wasn't added.
- During the 17th Century, the Sultan of Turkey ordered his hole harem of women to be drowned and replaced with a new one.
- Coffins used for cremation are usually made with plastic handles.
- "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- Cockroaches can live several weeks with their heads cut off.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. We dare you, give it a try!
- A Ten Gallon Hat will only hold 3/4 of a Gallon
Most Popular Stupid Laws
- If you are released from prison, it is required that you are given a handgun with bullets and a horse, so you can ride out of town.
- A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
- You may shoot Native Americans if there are more than five of them on your property at any one time.
- It’s illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to anyone about Jesus Christ.
- Since 1173 it has been illegal to die.
- All business signs in the province of Quebec must be in French. If the business operator wishes to have English on the sign, the French must be at least twice as large as the English is. There are no laws governing the usage of other languages on signs. -Bill 101 (Passed 1976)
- It is considered an offense to shower naked.
- Eating a neighbor’s baby is strictly forbidden.
- All lollipops are banned.
- It is illegal to say any sentence containing more than 4 words in English.
Most Recent Stupid Laws
- In Oregon, a dead person cannot be required to serve on a jury.
- In Illinois, animals can be sent to jail.
- It was once illegal to not wear clothes while taking a bath in a bathtub.
- It is illegal to paint a horse in Vermont.
- It is illegal to own gold
- It is illegal to store your own stuff in your own garage
- Atheists are disqualified from holding office or testifying as witness.
- An invitation from a third party trumps a restraining order
- A statute forbids people in bathing suits from appearing uncovered on the streets and in the shops and eateries in Waikīkī.
- Surfers must express themselves at all times using a vocabulary of no more than one hundred words.
Random Stupid Laws
- One may not sniff glue.
- It is considered an offense to enter the country with cigarettes.
- Eating raw fish while lecturing on science is illegal.
- It is illegal to annoy passersby on sidewalks with a revolving water sprinkler.
- You must have identification to enter a convienence store after dark.
- Oral sex is illegal.
- Catch 22 is banned.
- It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
- No one may allow their cellar door to remain open.
- It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
May 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM
May 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Dumb laws for pa:
It It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
May 12, 2014 at 11:25 AMThose are great keep them coming!!!
May 12, 2014 at 11:27 AMApparently in the state I live in, Indiana, it is illegal to have oral sex. Send me to jail! LOL