The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ColoradoMom86
Diet Experts!
April 10 at 9:30 AM

I am on a 1300/day calorie diet, trying to lose the last 10lbs of baby weight.  Typically though, I don't meet the 1300, I'm somewhere between 1100 and 1200.  I've been allowing myself a cheat day, usually Friday, where I eat what I want, i.e., pizza, french fries, soda, etc.  Even on those days, I stay under 2,000 calories.  My question is, are my cheat days hurting my progress?  Obviously if I didn't have them, I'd probably get to my goal quicker, but I feel like with a designated day to eat junk, I'm able to fend off the cravings, mentally, during the week.  What say you?  

Replies

• ColoradoMom86
    April 10 at 9:32 AM

BUMP!

• Avarah
    by Avarah
    April 10 at 9:34 AM
    No, you're fine doing that over the long haul.

Just make sure you don't weigh yourself on Saturday! :-)
  • ColoradoMom86
    April 10 at 9:37 AM

Hahaha No kidding!  This past Friday I got real puffy real quick!

Quoting Avarah: No, you're fine doing that over the long haul. Just make sure you don't weigh yourself on Saturday! :-)

• vbway
    by vbway
    April 10 at 9:38 AM

I did that and lost 12 lbs. I gave myself the weekend off. I always ate a healthy breakfast though, like oatmeal and a boiled egg. Then I ate what I wanted the rest of the day. Usually I would eat whatever on Sat and then reel it in on Sunday. So on Sunday, I might have just one cheat meal. The rest of the week I kept my calories at 1,000 per day. 

For me 1000 per day is easy. I make homemade chicken soup and eat a salad with grilled chicken at least once a day. It took me about 6 weeks to loose 12 lbs. 

• ColoradoMom86
    April 10 at 2:33 PM
    I've lost 5 in about 3 weeks :) idk if I could do 1,000. I'd be starving! I use Special K and Lean Ones oatmeal as well as Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice dinners. For lunch I use protein bars and lean shakes from GNC.

Quoting vbway:

I did that and lost 12 lbs. I gave myself the weekend off. I always ate a healthy breakfast though, like oatmeal and a boiled egg. Then I ate what I wanted the rest of the day. Usually I would eat whatever on Sat and then reel it in on Sunday. So on Sunday, I might have just one cheat meal. The rest of the week I kept my calories at 1,000 per day. 

For me 1000 per day is easy. I make homemade chicken soup and eat a salad with grilled chicken at least once a day. It took me about 6 weeks to loose 12 lbs. 

• vbway
    by vbway
    April 10 at 3:11 PM

I don't eat processed foods. I can pack more punch into a meal by eating whole foods. A big bowl (2 cups) of my chicken soup is only 125 calories. I love the soup so much that I usually eat it twice a day. I eat lots of small meals because I have blood sugar issues. 

Breakfast: 1c homemade oats with a handful of strawberries and sweetened with Xylotol, one boiled egg : 240

Snack: 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cucumber, 2 tbsp hummus: 60 calories

Lunch: chicken soup 125 calories

Snack: small salad with dressing and lots of veggies: 100 calories

Snack (before I leave my office): 1 slice real cheese 80 calories

Dinner: Chicken soup 125 calories

Snack: fruit bowl 100-150 calories

Total for the day: 880 and sometimes I have a piece of chocolate which brings me up closer to 1,000. Or sometimes I eat a bowl of red beans in addition to the rest, it really just depends how hungry I am.

I don't eat the same thing everyday and I don't try to limit myself to 1000 calories it just happens when I eat whole foods.  I stopped eating processed foods because the preservatives make me feel bad. And then I noticed that I can eat a whole lot more food and still stay under my calories for the day. I never go hungry... ever. I will get sick if I go more than 3 hours without eating something. 

I am not saying give up processed food, just that adding whole foods during the week will help you stay full and get more out of your allotted calories. On the weekends, my vice is cheesecake : ) And a high calorie homemade mac and cheese that I make for my girls. 

Good luck losing those last few pounds. 

Quoting ColoradoMom86: I've lost 5 in about 3 weeks :) idk if I could do 1,000. I'd be starving! I use Special K and Lean Ones oatmeal as well as Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice dinners. For lunch I use protein bars and lean shakes from GNC.
    Quoting vbway:

• christina122952
    April 10 at 8:56 PM

I do not think they are. i need to get on a diet, i need to lose about 10 to 15 lbs.

• DallasCowboys81
    April 12 at 3:15 PM
    Im in the process of losing weight also. Im doing it with medical training nutritionist. I was on a whey water fast for 4 days lots 15.5 lbs, now taking supplements and eating healthier foods. I can feel the weight melting away. When i started a mth ago, i was weighting in at 250lbs. Idk how mucb J have lost in the last 2 weeks but I have lost 7inches off my stomach, and 4 inches off my hips. Its so hard tho, my downfall is pepsi. If u can stay away from soda then your golden. I haven't had one in 1mth. Good luck!!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts